Is there a way to have ONLY IVS detection, not general full frame motion detection?

Raylo32

Getting the hang of it
Dec 3, 2016
I don't have the exact model # at hand but it is a 3MP turret Dahua from 2020 that I got from EmpireTech. The cam works great but I have struggled over the years with this challenging scene. Daytime there are high contrast shadows that migrate across the deck depending on sun angle. Critters, day and night. Raccoons, squirrels, bugs, cats, a dog once in awhile. Lights going on and going off in the windows, etc. I tried it with just BI motion detect settings and got it pretty good, except for the wind issue and lights going on and off. But I thought if I could have JUST the tripwire IVS it could be better.

So what I really want is to have the cam alert ONLY to humans crossing the IVS tripwires that I have set up. The tripwires do in fact work, but I am still getting too many general motion detect alerts from all the other stuff. I'd like to just turn all that off and keep JUST the IVS. Is there a way to do that?

Settings are:

Motion detection on
Smart motion detection set to "human" with medium sensitivity
IVS tripwires drawn across points of entry and set for one way (ingress)

Last edited:
Ah, I saw that but wasn't sure. I turned motion detection off but then it popped up a message that it had to be on for SMD and I thought IVS was a subset of SMD. Silly me.

Last edited: