Is there a way to have playback on all cameras at once?

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
I have 3 cameras setup. I am able to playback one camera at a time but when someone in the video goes from one room to another I have to close the windows and reopen another clip, queue it at the same time, and continue viewing the footage.
Is there a way to view all three cameras at once in playback mode?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Osity If you are using UI3, use Timeline tab. You can choose the group "All cameras" (lower right icon) to play recordings across all cameras.

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
How do I know if I’m using UI3?
I’m updated to the latest version.

I see an “all cameras” drop down list that’s already set to that in the upper right area. No change though.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
How do I know if I’m using UI3?
I’m updated to the latest version.

I see an “all cameras” drop down list that’s already set to that in the upper right area. No change though.
Click on the timeline.
Ui3 is the web interface.

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
Ah ok you view in timeline instead. Got it working. Thanks!

I’m logged into the Bi PC remotely. Would web interface give better resolution? I’ve never used web interface. It’s pretty good as is. I also use the BI iPhone app sometimes but I wanted to view on bigger screen.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Ah ok you view in timeline instead. Got it working. Thanks!

I’m logged into the Bi PC remotely. Would web interface give better resolution? I’ve never used web interface. It’s pretty good as is. I also use the BI iPhone app sometimes but I wanted to view on bigger screen.
ui3 will give you great resolution if you allow it, there are various settings. What are you using to remote view?

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
ui3 will give you great resolution if you allow it, there are various settings. What are you using to remote view?
I use the Blue Iris app on my iPhone or when I want to see it on a big screen I use Chrome Remote Desktop to login to the actual pc. How would I access UI3 instead? Would there be a benefit?

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I use the Blue Iris app on my iPhone or when I want to see it on a big screen I use Chrome Remote Desktop to login to the actual pc. How would I access UI3 instead? Would there be a benefit?
Huge benefit. See help file.

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
When I view all cameras at once and see something of interest, I want to zoom in on that cam so I click on that camera and afterwards "x" out of it but it completely takes me out of that replay moment I was in.
I then have to que up all the cameras to that previous moment and continue viewing what i was doing.

Is there something wrong with my replay work flow or is this how it is for now?

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Osity If you are using UI3 timeline, and you drill into a camera and then go back out to camera group, it should remember where you are at in time.

Also, use UI3 keyboard shortcuts to quickly skip, step thru each frame, etc...

UI3 is BI5 web interface and should be available on your home network at http://<BI5 ip address>:<BI5 web port>/ui3.htm

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
@Osity If you are using UI3 timeline, and you drill into a camera and then go back out to camera group, it should remember where you are at in time.

Also, use UI3 keyboard shortcuts to quickly skip, step thru each frame, etc...

UI3 is BI5 web interface and should be available on your home network at http://<BI5 ip address>:<BI5 web port>/ui3.htm
I am going to have to start looking at using UI3. Currently, I’m use the system remotely with chrome remote desktop and the app using zero tier, usually outside of my local network.

Do ports have to be opened for UI3?
Can zero tier be used with UI3?

Last edited:

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I am going to have to start looking at using UI3. Currently, I’m use the system remotely with chrome remote desktop and the app using zero tier, usually outside of my local network.

Do ports have to be opened for UI3?
Can zero tier be used with UI3?
You access UI3 the same way you would with chrome desktop so zero tier can be used.

You simply open up a browser (Chrome works best) and type in the IP address of your BI computer along with the port number and then the login screen shows up.

saltwater

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
When I view all cameras at once and see something of interest, I want to zoom in on that cam so I click on that camera and afterwards "x" out of it but it completely takes me out of that replay moment I was in.
I then have to que up all the cameras to that previous moment and continue viewing what i was doing.

Is there something wrong with my replay work flow or is this how it is for now?
I don't think you are doing anything wrong, it also annoys the hell out of me. I keep meaning to lodge a support/feature request so that you are not returned directly to the current live view.

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
You simply open up a browser (Chrome works best) and type in the IP address of your BI computer along with the port number and then the login screen shows up.
Currently When I type in my BI ip address without a port, It doesnt give me anything. Where do i get this port number, on the router? I don't recall opening any port with zero Tier.
I do see Zero tier listed in the two sections in my router uunder UPNP Service List using a UDP port.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
The default BI port is 81 so try that.

actran

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
@Osity You can find your web port as shown in the screenshot below. This port should work if you are trying from home network. It may be different if you are doing this remotely.

FYI, I have mine configured for port 80 but if you didn't touch this config, then it would be port 81 by default (as @wittaj has suggested).

BI web port.png

Osity

n3wb
Reaction score
Mine is set to 81 but If I’m within my local/home network, I’ll just walk a few metres to the machine itself.

Is the IP address I should be trying to log into when away in the section you blocked out in red?

Last edited: