Is there a way to keep the Dahua web interface from timeing out?

evilblackdog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I like to keep the feed up on my computer but it's automatic timeout is frustrating to say the least. Is there a way to disable this or increase it so much that it's not an issue?

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I like to keep the feed up on my computer but it's automatic timeout is frustrating to say the least. Is there a way to disable this or increase it so much that it's not an issue?
Model ? On my 5232 4K -Main Menu-Setting-System-General-General---set Auto Logout to 0.

evilblackdog

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Model ? On my 5232 4K -Main Menu-Setting-System-General-General---set Auto Logout to 0.
Mine is a bit different but I found this setting. The odd thing is that it was set for 10 minutes but it was definitely staying on for much longer than that.

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
If you don't need ptz controls, you could always use VLC media player. You can create a custom shortcut that will open your specific camera by copying an ordinary shortcut to vlc.exe, right click the shortcut and go to properties, and change the path to include the camera's RTSP stream url as an argument, like this:

Code:
"C:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\vlc.exe" "rtsp://user:pass@192.168.0.39/"

Baris Kara

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, setting Auto Logout to 0 does not work. Our configuration is
device type : DHI-NVR5864-4KS2
Web Version : 3.2.3.85453
Onvif : 2.4.1
System Version : 3.215.0000000.1 Build date 2017-09-01
While backing up video files to another location from Dahua nvr web interface after 30-40 minutes system alerts stream timeout. After Clicking Ok button, system forwards to login page.
After setting Auto Logout parameter to 0, is it required that the system must be restarted?
Could you please help me?
Kind regards.

keithl

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I have a NVR5216-4KS2 and set the logout to 0 rebooted and the web interface still times out. Very annoying.

wozzzzza

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
anyone got any fix for this?? annoyign me as well. never had the issue with my old hikvision nvr.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yes, dont login directly to the NVR to view live for extended periods

Install SmartPSS- (when you install, DO NOT install the PC-NVR component, just SmartPSS)

I have live view up from 20-25 cameras all day from 3-5 different NVR's

smartpss25.jpg

noice

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes, dont login directly to the NVR to view live for extended periods

Install SmartPSS- (when you install, DO NOT install the PC-NVR component, just SmartPSS)

I have live view up from 20-25 cameras all day from 3-5 different NVR's

View attachment 83535
Thank you, webview with Firefox my browser kept freezing or crashing after a short time. SmartPSS is more responsive and has not frozen yet.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Yeah, it’s more the device you’re using to view than the NVR. I think most will find live viewing main stream video from 4MP+ cameras will tax the average device (computer) capability in most cases in short order, especially if it’s older.