Is there a way to recover/restore the deleted Blue Iris Video Clips?

G1967

n3wb
Reaction score
Is there a way to recover deleted Blue Iris Video Clips? I accidentally deleted all my video clips from the Blue Iris "clips" section, and I was wondering if there was a way to recover/restore them? Thank you for any insight on this issue.

-Gordon :rolleyes-new:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Is there a way to recover deleted Blue Iris Video Clips? I accidentally deleted all my video clips from the Blue Iris "clips" section, and I was wondering if there was a way to recover/restore them? Thank you for any insight on this issue.

-Gordon :rolleyes-new:
Welcome to the forum. Check your recycle bin.
If its not there you will have to use a recovery program...if the files are vital, stop using the pc or recording to it...then have a professional recover them for you.

G1967

n3wb
Reaction score
Welcome to the forum. Check your recycle bin.
If its not there you will have to use a recovery program...if the files are vital, stop using the pc or recording to it...then have a professional recover them for you.

So by default the deleted files should be in the recycle bin? Because they don't seem to be there when deleted? Is there a way to change this setting, so that I can direct the deleted files to the recycle bin? Thank you.

-Gordon

gwminor48

Known around here
Reaction score
If you highlight the clip on the right and hit "delete" on you keyboard it is deleted permanently. If you right click a clip you have the option under delete to recycle or destroy.

G1967

n3wb
Reaction score
If you highlight the clip on the right and hit "delete" on you keyboard it is deleted permanently. If you right click a clip you have the option under delete to recycle or destroy.

Thank you so much for your help, sorry if I was stressing out, it looks like I hit "delete" on my keyboard and deleted them for good, but now I know that I can move them to the recycle bin with a right click recycle or destroy, thank you for the information and excellent quick help! I wish hitting the delete key on the keyboard would give you the two options of recycle or destroy also. Thank you. :redface-new:

-Gordon

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you so much for your help, sorry if I was stressing out, it looks like I hit "delete" on my keyboard and deleted them for good, but now I know that I can move them to the recycle bin with a right click recycle or destroy, thank you for the information and excellent quick help! I wish hitting the delete key on the keyboard would give you the two options of recycle or destroy also. Thank you. :redface-new:

-Gordon
hitting the delete key does ask you if you wish to permanently delete the fine..if this is not happening, right click on your recycle bin hit properties and make sure display confirmation dialog is selected...
Also, there should really be no reason for you to manually delete files...just let blue iris do it when the drive is full.