Is There a Way To Set A Standard (default) eMail (alert, watchdog) For All Cameras?

eyeball

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
As flexible as Blue Iris is, I'm sure there's a way to do this that I'm missing.

It seems to me that courtesy of BI substitution variables there could be a single email template for alerts and watchdog. At this point I'm opting to have BI send emails, but I find myself configuring each camera's ALERT and Watchdog emails individually rather than having a default or single source. It's a small nit, but an unneeded inconvenience if you have a lot of cameras.

What would seem to be appropriate is to have one email (call it a 'default' email, but keep the option for individual camera emails if that is needed) that contains this:

--Message---
Priority: Normal
Recipients: somename@email.com
Subject: &TYPE ALERT ON &CAM
Body: Alert detected on camera: %s

If there are no individualized emails defined for any particular camera's alert or watchdog, then it would get the defined default email - something akin to the above.

Is the above currently possible in BI or do we need to continue to specify each individual camera's alert and watchdog emails?

Thanks for any insight!