Is there a way to work out motion settings from recorded video?

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As per the title, I am hoping to go through and assess what motion settings would work with certain recordings that were meant to record, and change settings so the ones that weren't meant to record don't.

I am assuming there is no tool for this? So the only way is to make changes then test for a week to see what works, then make changes again.....

At the moment I have left the highlight motion on so I can see where the false triggers are coming from so this is useful.

I am wondering if there is any way to at least check the contrast difference between two images at a certain location on the still (or video) so I can adjust the contrast sensitivity to suit.

The area that is causing false triggers is due to shadows, well its actually more the light breaking through what is usually under shadow.

I am thinking I might create night and day profiles, where I increase the contrast bar during the day, but reduce it at night. Also remove the area's where sunlight triggers for the day profile.

Last edited:

Pete_Repeat

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Oh OK. I will look there thanks.

I have previously looked through the help file for other descriptions/help and at the time it didn't appear to explain in much detail. I guess maybe there is more info and helpful guidance there than I had thought.