Is there any cams that would fit this bill that I don't know about?

ingeborgdot

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I will possibly be purchasing the NewTek PTZ cam that is on the following link.

NewTek NDI PTZ Camera

It will be an indoor camera we will be using for sporting events. We need NDI for our TriCaster to be able to get more cameras into our source. We could use a NewTek Spark (NewTek Connect Spark) connected to an ip camera also, but I'm not sure what camera would work for me or if I should just would go with the NewTek PTZ???

gmaster1

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I assume when you say you want to get more cams into your source, that you are limited to the amount of SDI inputs you have at the moment and are thus hoping to use an RTSP feed off of this cam? If so, I'd hope for the price the sync is near real-time, but obviously there will be some processing delay in that encoding/decoding process. I haven't played with TriCaster for more than a few minutes so I'm not sure what type of limits there are on RTSP and cam compatibility, but if it can accept any feed in proper format, that budget can also bring you into a wide array of speed domes and devices like the Panasonic AW-HE130 and so on. It really all depends what your technical requirements are in this, because your budget could theoretically be $350 and you could spring for a Dahua PTZ with better low light capabilities than all of these with the same optical zoom etc.