Is there any way to stop BI from including the big square camera number in the recorded video when entering Edit layout mode?

ahmadmob

n3wb
Reaction score
BI records the camera number inside the video when I enter the edit layout mode (I am using version 5.7.9.4)
I am fine that it shows these big numbers when in edit layout mode but I think it shouldn't include them in the recorded file?

Here's what I mean: (this is from the recorded video file)
Annotation 2023-08-28 150213.png

The problem is that as long as I am in the edit layout mode it keeps recording the camera numbers to all my cameras in the middle of the video like in my screenshot.

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
BI records the camera number inside the video when I enter the edit layout mode (I am using version 5.7.9.4)
I am fine that it shows these big numbers when in edit layout mode but I think it shouldn't include them in the recorded file?

Here's what I mean: (this is from the recorded video file)
View attachment 171010

The problem is that as long as I am in the edit layout mode it keeps recording the camera numbers to all my cameras in the middle of the video like in my screenshot.
Your version is very recent, the latest is 5.7.9.5 from Aug. 16, 2023 so may I ask...are you aware if this was happening in any previous version you were using?

If this is new behavior and you have been using the edit layout mode previously, I would e-mail Blue Iris support.

ahmadmob

n3wb
Reaction score
Your version is very recent, the latest is 5.7.9.5 from Aug. 16, 2023 so may I ask...are you aware if this was happening in any previous version you were using?

If this is new behavior and you have been using the edit layout mode previously, I would e-mail Blue Iris support.
OK thanks will email them. I upgraded directly from version 5.4.4.0 to 5.7.9.4 a few weeks ago and that older version didn't have a layout edit mode.

ahmadmob

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved this by contacting support.

They told me to use Direct to disk recording instead of "Re-encode" recording. All good now and the overlay doesn't appear in recordings, it also significantly reduced my CPU usage since there's no encoding being done.
I kept the recorded files sizes under control by modifying the bit-rate in each camera's own settings as suggested by support. They are awesome and helpful guys.

ahmadmob

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks a lot @TonyR, indeed helpful tips in that link! I knew most of them except for the sub stream feature (which was also suggested by support in their email reply), I will try to play with it later. :D