Is there something similar to OnVif device manager that support H.265 (onvif v.23 and up)

Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean, can you explain?
What did you try in VLC?
Did you use the RTSP URL as shown in ODM, the bottom of the Live Video page?

Here is an example of VLC codec info from an h.265 stream from a Hikvision camera:
View attachment 40788
I'm not looking to view the stream, I'm looking to configure it.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
I'm not looking to view the stream, I'm looking to configure it.
Sorry, I misunderstood your reference to 'setting up an h.265 stream'.

But if ODM can access the camera, there is an HTTP service running.
Does ODM show port=80 for the HTTP network info?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe you need to click around a bit more in the CMS software, as my version can configure the generic cams I have.
Select the device on the left and click the 'remote config' button on the right, then select 'camera params'...

CMS2.PNG

Reaction score
Can you show the cam configuration? I'll test again later, but that remote configuration option just gets me a "Not logged in!" error. In the documentation for CMS they made it look like that section was for DVR remote config, so I never questioned it any further.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
you need to tell the CMS (somewhere) what the cam's admin username/password is. not in front of it right now, but will try to find that later...

Reaction score
Thanks @pozzello, I have looked and can't find anything that seems applicable. According to the webpage for these cameras, the user is admin and the pass is blank.

Reaction score
I added another user using ONVIF device manager and could log in under that too, but I still get the same error when I try the remote config button.

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
that's cuz you need the tell the CMS the password for that device.
1) click device manager
2) select the cam
3) click modify
4) enter the damn password for the frickn user

then you can 'remote config' it. sheesh...
i hope this helps you, cuz i'm done.

47429813982_8a5db0803e_o.jpg

Reaction score
As I said, I have the password in already, so it's not that.

I think it's the port that's the issue, I'll try 34567 later. Think @alastairstevenson was on the right track!

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
well, of course one must present the credentals on the appropriate port. hope you get it sorted...

Reaction score
YES YES YES!!

Brilliant. I can even turn off and configure the overlay using this. I was about to bin this camera!

Whats happened here is that by default, CMS finds and selects the onvif stream and lets you view this. You need to manually change the port to "34567" to enable the configuration options. It's insane this isn't mentioned anywhere on the product page or docs for this camera. I might actually buy more now that I can set them up as I want.

Thanks all, especially pozzello for the images!

EDIT: and on another note, as this camera only supports onvif 2.0, you can't actually use onvif to set up a H.265 stream anyway.