Is this a good price for the package?

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Should I buy this? It has the ammount of cameras I want in the mp range and I can add more later since it's 8 channel dvr.

Dahua 8 Channel 3MP Package w/2TB 4POE NVR4108 and 4 x HDW1320S 3MP Indoor/Outdoor Camera https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019JDIK32/ref=cm_sw_r_awd_5xJWwbKXPW19Y

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

ben_r_

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
What do you intend to use it for? Home? Business? Does it meet any/all your requirements from a video surveillance system?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
That price is not too special for the hardware, but it is by no means a complete ripoff. Assume about $95 per cam, $10 per network cable, $66 for a 2 TB HDD, and you are at $486. I don't know what the NVR is worth, and can only guess between $50 and $200. You can get 8 channel NVRs for under $100, so if you wanted to put together a comparable system yourself I am sure you could save at least $50. This seller claims to provide a 2 year warranty, for whatever that is worth.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
What do you intend to use it for? Home? Business? Does it meet any/all your requirements from a video surveillance system?
Home use. I would like to start with 4 cameras and likely expand up to 8.

JFire

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
That price is not too special for the hardware, but it is by no means a complete ripoff. Assume about $95 per cam, $10 per network cable, $66 for a 2 TB HDD, and you are at $486. I don't know what the NVR is worth, and can only guess between $50 and $200. You can get 8 channel NVRs for under $100, so if you wanted to put together a comparable system yourself I am sure you could save at least $50. This seller claims to provide a 2 year warranty, for whatever that is worth.
Can you recommend a seller? I'm not against using alliexpress as I've have mixed success on different types of products there. Even when it was a bad transaction I've gotten my money back from Allie without a hassel. I was curious,if anyone was,actualy familiar with the specific models offered and their price point.