Is this a Starlight camera?

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've read a lot of good reviews about Dahua Starlight cameras. Is this camera a Starlight?

Dahua 4mp Night Camera IPC-HFW4431R-Z 80m IR with 2.7~12mm VF lens Motorized Zoom Auto Focus Bullet IP Camera

Last edited:

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Looks like a good way of driving traffic to your link.

HOWEVER, if it it not listed at first sticky at top of page then highly unlikely to be a starlight.

RBW

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Ive deleted the link if that makes you happy.

I find like Hikvision the Dahua product list confusing.

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hikvision the Dahua product list confusing
Agreed.

Just wait till you move from one eco-system to another, then the fun and games really start. :p

Seriously, although I have spent an inordinate amount of time dialing the Dahua gear in, the quality of image makes it worthwhile. Haven't had a random reboot in 20 hours and all the IVS events are working as they should.

Now it is time for me to swap out the rest of the Hik gear for good.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've read a lot of good reviews about Dahua Starlight cameras. Is this camera a Starlight?

Dahua 4mp Night Camera IPC-HFW4431R-Z 80m IR with 2.7~12mm VF lens Motorized Zoom Auto Focus Bullet IP Camera
Definitely not a starlight.

BillG

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
It any good?
Good enough for what I use it for, a narrow area between two houses with ext lighting and no need for ir. If you need good night vision go with the 2mp starlights.

beingaware

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
It's decent for longer range stuff but I wouldn't use it for up close.

I suggest saving up a little and looking into the entry level starlight kit if total darkness performance is critical.