Is this legit?

pozzello

Known around here
Reaction score
interesting question. the Ebay seller linked from this site is based in Tunisia.
The domain name blueirisdownload was registered with GoDaddy in 2014.

Perhaps Ken is looking to offload the software distribution more?
Would be nice to hear more about that from him, if it's the case...

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Well I actually ordered it from the eBay site last night. It looked legit, but did seem like a strange way to distribute the software. I did ge the key about 15 min after my order. I have not yet activated my software yet to try it.

chadman

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This looks like BI 3. Looks like an old version of the site. anyone ask ken?
The ebay auction claims this:

[FONT=&quot]This auction is for 1 product activation of Blue Iris NVR - DVR software full version and free tech support by perspective software. This version gets free updates for life and supports up to 64 cameras.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
We are happy to be the first shop selling THE NEWST VERSION 4 KEY
$59.95 on the developer website
[/FONT]​

I just used it to activate the software on my Game computer to start testing. Activation worked fine on the latest version of the trial I downloaded from the developer web page. Later this week I'll get my new computer and de-activate it from one computer to move it to my new one. I'm sure the developer must know about this and is working this this company.

Chad

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
wont make it far in this industry as a manufacturer/producer if you dont allow for resales, most businesses are not used to dealing directly with the manufacturer's like we internet aged DIY consumers have grown accustom too.