Is this setup good for BI

MajorTom

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello everyone, I am new to this, and I am planning to use my current build as a NVR PC

I plan to buy 8 1080p Cameras, this to be precise (4 dome and 4 bullet)

Amazon.com : Amcrest ProHD Outdoor 1080P POE Bullet IP Security Camera - IP67 Weatherproof, 1080P (1920 TVL), IP2M-842E (Black) : Camera & Photo

And I would like to know if Blue Iris would work for me, I plan on recording 24/7 at 1080p.

My setup would be this:

CPU: AMD RYZEN 5 1400
RAM: 160GB DDR4
SSD: 250 GB SSD FOR OS AND IRIS INSTALLATION
HDD: 1 4TB HDD FOR RECORDINGS

Would his be possible with iris? I am mostly interested in recordings, I dont mind monitoring at low resolutions.

Thanks,

As an Amazon Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.

aristobrat

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I don't think any of the usual Blue Iris gurus here are running AMD, but if you do a forum search, there should be some threads about Ryzen. They usually devolve quickly, though. lol

Silas

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
Take a little more time and read a few more posts, as loony2ns suggests, read the thread, this site has great resources and users of BI, so make the effort, I would also suggest a rethink on the cameras, 2MP is pretty old technology and most users on here prefer to go with either Hikvision or Dahua units.
A lit bit more research will save you a lot of heartache and possibly $$$$

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Take a little more time and read a few more posts, as loony2ns suggests, read the thread, this site has great resources and users of BI, so make the effort, I would also suggest a rethink on the cameras, 2MP is pretty old technology and most users on here prefer to go with either Hikvision or Dahua units.
A lit bit more research will save you a lot of heartache and possibly $$$$
2mp is not old.... some of the best and newest cameras are 2mp...see dahua starlight turret treads...