Is ZoneMinder still being actively developed?

tech_junkie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Ha, silly me, why didn't I think of an internal web page? That's great, thanks! (I have a variety of cameras, a Hikvision, some Reolinks, some Cobra's (from a cheap Harbor Freight system, and others.)
So you are trying to consolidate viewing into one page, correct?
a lot of them have send alerts via email so that theoretically can be used and have it forward into your openHAB (which looks like a raspberry pi 4)
In your custom web page, you would use the <object> html tag for each camera.
you don't have to do any fancy php login (unless you want to) but if you do remember to sanitize your $_POST like: $user = htmlspecialchars($_POST['user'], ENT_QUOTES, 'UTF-8')
Just make sure you write the HTML page correctly and also declare the character set (UTF-8) with the meta tag.

Last edited:

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

luk8899

n3wb
Reaction score
I've been using a second screen (on modern gnome) and the Montage feature of ZoneMinder in full screen Firefox. As long as you want to watch the same cameras all the time it is fine.

One feature it lacks is cycling between cameras and cycling to one that has an alert, but I'm OK without it.

kd4e

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I've been using a second screen (on modern gnome) and the Montage feature of ZoneMinder in full screen Firefox. As long as you want to watch the same cameras all the time it is fine.

One feature it lacks is cycling between cameras and cycling to one that has an alert, but I'm OK without it.
Thanks.

I really should move this part of the thread to a new post. I'm not looking at ZoneMinder any more but, rather, a whole different method.

EDIT: There is no "Other" category where I can move this, so, restated some here ...

I have a use case where I need multiple qutebrowser windows maybe as many as 12 (it's a large display).

They need to be in fixed locations on the display (each would show a camera feed).

Each instance will have a default url string (most with extra variables).

I need to be able to click on any one of them, or the side bar, to full screen it (then 'esc' or an F-key to return to the multi-window layout).

I've looked at these but it's unclear to me which would be the best choice, for this purpose. (NOTE: I'm using MX Linux.)

cortile GitHub - leukipp/cortile: Linux auto tiling manager with hot corner support for Openbox, Fluxbox, IceWM, Xfwm, KWin, Marco, Muffin, Mutter and other EWMH compliant window managers using the X11 window system. Therefore, this project provides dynamic tiling for XFCE, LXDE, LXQt, KDE and GNOME (Mate, Deepin, Cinnamon, Budgie) based desktop environments.

And, this ...
x tile – giuspen

They both appear to facilitate the tiling of multiple windows, that may be enlarged then returned to small size - they also appear to remember the settings after a reboot.

I'm unclear if either of these might work ...

Screen - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation

GitHub - awesomeWM/awesome: awesome window manager

Any assistance would be appreciated. It seems that I'm outside the box with this ...

UPDATE: On a Linux group someone recommended these two very promising options: i3wm Cannot combine horizontal and vertical split in chained command · i3 i3 · Discussion #6229 and herbstluftwm herbstluftwm

Just thought I'd share in case anyone else may be interested as well.

Last edited: