Issue on remote viewing DS-2CD2432F-IW

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
i need some help here. I haven been trying several times to configure my Hikvision DS-2CD2432F-IW for remote viewing in IP cam Viewer and also other remote viewing apps. I have been forwarding all ports and try to access them with no results.

I forwarded port HTTP; HTTPS; RTSP and Server Port. I set up IP cam Viewer to view on the HTTP using my static IP address. Strange enough when I am viewing the camera using my home internet connection, even though I am using the static IP address and not the LAN address i can see and manage the camera. But as soon as I try to access the camera via another network / internet connection it does no longer connect.

I am not sure if it is a port forwarding issue or what and cannot figure it out.

Anyone has a clue?

Thanks Cesare

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@CECEP,
Welcome to the forum...If you use the hikvision ivms4500 mobile app, the only port you need to forward is the media port - 8000...for ip camview I believe you will need the http port...Its is more secure to use ivms and only forward port 8000...using ivms you will also be able to review recorded footage unlike ipcamviewer.
to test your port forward go to canyouseeme.org and enter the port number

Last edited by a moderator:

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the hint,
i tried out canyouseeme.org and the port connection, although it is correctly forwarded, gave an error as Reason: connection timed out. I tried to change port and forward the new port and had the same result. I do not have this issue with other Hikvision and other brand cameras in the same network.

Can it be that the camera configuration is somewhere wrong?

I have different cameras of different brands and cannot use ivms4500 since i am not able to see them all there.

Thanks Cesare

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes, disable upnp in the camera.. And disable port mapping.

Sent via Taptalk

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,
try them both... disable both, then disable one and then the other... same thing. I also load it in iVMS-4500. Two of the Hikvision Cameras I have works but this one connection failed. The camera is connected because I can see it from with-in my network. If you want I can send you some screen shots.

Cesare

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks Fenderman,
try them both... disable both, then disable one and then the other... same thing. I also load it in iVMS-4500. Two of the Hikvision Cameras I have works but this one connection failed. The camera is connected because I can see it from with-in my network. If you want I can send you some screen shots.

Cesare
Yes post screen shots of all the settings, particularly the network settings...
Make sure the primary dns is set to googles dns, 8.8.8.8

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,
I created a PDF document with all the screen shots of the network setting pages... I really do not know... I checked these setting against the setting of other two Hikvision cameras i have and they all match....

The link to the document is the following:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1hNPvo-4sRLV2hWUWlwVk8wVGc/view?usp=sharing

thanks for taking a look. Let me know if you need to see other screen shots....

Cesare

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi,
I created a PDF document with all the screen shots of the network setting pages... I really do not know... I checked these setting against the setting of other two Hikvision cameras i have and they all match....

The link to the document is the following:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1hNPvo-4sRLV2hWUWlwVk8wVGc/view?usp=sharing

thanks for taking a look. Let me know if you need to see other screen shots....

Cesare
disable the upnp and the port mapping. disable the ezviz cloud. post the port forward settings in your router.

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,
here you go. I am pretty sure this is ok. Can it be because the internet connection is slow? I am using a satellite connection. I am thinking this might be the problem because I do not have this issue with other cameras except this one that has also sound... anyway it is very weird....

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@CECEP Are your other cameras also on satellite connections? Generally satellite provides do not give you a a routeable external ip address and use port forwarding with them.

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes they are. I have a static IP address. I can see all the other cameras remotely including 2 Hikvision and 3 other brands. It is only this cube camera I cannot see remotely and i do not know why. I tried everything also to reduce the frame size, FPS, and quality to the minimum. Nothing seems to work.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Yes they are. I have a static IP address. I can see all the other cameras remotely including 2 Hikvision and 3 other brands. It is only this cube camera I cannot see remotely and i do not know why. I tried everything also to reduce the frame size, FPS, and quality to the minimum. Nothing seems to work.
if canyouseeme is not working then something else is wrong, its nothing to do with the speed...try this,
use the default ports on the camera 80, 554, 8000, but on the router, change the external ports to the custom numbers...If you would like I can do a teamviewer session to see whats going on.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
also, in your routers port forwarding (looks like asus), enter the port only not the port range so 8026 instead of 8026,8026, not sure that the router cares, but worth a try..

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi, thanks again. See the changes i made attached.

Regarding team viewer will be great. It will be however pretty slow because I am also accessing the computer remotely at the moment. But we can try....

try this id and code for teamviewer access

- - - Updated - - -

by the way: still not working after those changes...

Attachments

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I deleted the team viewer credentials from the thread so that someone else doesnt use it..You can PM it next time.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
@CECEP
Ok, I logged in and got it working..The issue was that the ipv4 default gateway was not entered in the network settings..its should be set to your routers ip address.

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok. Thank you very much. I will continue check later and post the results and what has been done on the blog for anyone further use. Really appreciate your help...

CECEP

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Fenderman,
all working. Thanks a lot. For other folks that might be interested to how this was solved fenderman simply added the IPV4 default gateway as in the picture below:

Attachments

horatiu

n3wb
Reaction score
I have a Hikvision set up - one NVR, 3 exterior cameras and two 2DS-2CD2432F. For some reason I cannot access the two cubes cameras remotely. As soon as I turn the wi-fi on my phone, they work fine. I read all the threads above and nothing works. I forwarded the ports, range, nothing seems to make them work. Can you help?