issue with cameras - seen in live view and recordings, but can't add them to dev manager or ping / web to their ip

villa4

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi All,

inherited a DS-9664XXX with 27 cameras at a new job. Haven't used Hikvision before, plenty of others but no HV.
no admin password for unit, but users could view most cameras (a number were missing) and the one week of recording that NVR stored.
so did a wipe and have got NVR almost up to current with firmware, two left to do. Currently 4.6.xxx
biggest issue is (have had a hunt through forum but cannot seem to find my particular issue)
all the 27 cameras are running ok and showing up in live view / recordings
however there are a number that I cannot add to the device manger inside IMVS - as per pic
I also cannot browse or ping their ip, but their ip's show up in camera list - as per pic and their video can be seen in live view and they record fine.
I would like to access them as I want to upgrade firmware - they are all running factory default firmware along with user/pass. The cameras I can access I have upgraded their firmware and set new password.
Management would like (now that its actually running) to access the unit from remote. I don't want to allow remote access until i have got all firmware updated and changed camera default passwords
have i missed the protocol? the cameras have been added by? or something similar?
any help very much appreciated.

Attachments