issue with DS-2CD3132-IWS am I missing a basic setting?

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok so i bought the 3MP POE dome camera. It is supposed to be compatible with my amcrest qcam3 nvr. I cant seem to connect directly to the NVR but it is visible when i connect it to my router and not the nvr directly.

I think i am missing a basic setting or have an ip or something easy set wrong. Below are screen shots of my NVR (black screen backgrounds) and the hikvision software screenshots. I can see the camera in realtime on my computer. I just wish i could figure out why it wont show on the NVR- its recognized but not showing video or anything else.

the cameras that are working still have 12345 as the password and are the standard amcrest cameras that came with the system. I tried changed the hikvision camera to this 12345 password and it didnt work when entered into the NVR. Not sure why i am getting invalid PWD showing up in my NVR with the hikvision camera when i put in the correct password i use to access it when on the computer.

I did try setting the camera up for static ip in the same format as the other cameras just 1 number higher than the last camera but it wont show up at all when plugging into the NVR.

Im not the most tech savy person but this is getting to be above my level as i dont know what all the different formats are and what i should choose.
ANY HELP GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Attachments

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
To start getting this to work the first thing I'd do is to put the ports on the Hikvision cameras back to their normal values.
We've see posts where Hik cameras behave oddly on non-standard ports.
Then what I'd do next, if there is a need to use the PoE ports (as opposed to the camera being on the LAN with a normal LAN IP address) is to set the camera static IP address to match that used by the PoE port you'd like it connected to.
On Hikvision cameras, the 'ONVIF port' is 80, the same as the default HTTP port.

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
To start getting this to work the first thing I'd do is to put the ports on the Hikvision cameras back to their normal values.
We've see posts where Hik cameras behave oddly on non-standard ports.
Then what I'd do next, if there is a need to use the PoE ports (as opposed to the camera being on the LAN with a normal LAN IP address) is to set the camera static IP address to match that used by the PoE port you'd like it connected to.
On Hikvision cameras, the 'ONVIF port' is 80, the same as the default HTTP port.
Thanks for the help, something was messed up in the camera, i did as you said but no luck, did a factory reset on camera reset button and all is good now! hooked up via the router on DHCP

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
Well done for fixing it, and posting the status.
Just a suggestion, in case you are not already doing this, apologies if you are, if you are dead set on using DHCP, fix the IP address with 'DHCP reservations'.
Although devices generally get the same pool IP address on a renewal, that's not necessarily so especially if there has been absence.
And the NVR needs to have the correct address for all devices its servicing.

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks i will do that so another device wont take the ip. also its frustrating with a static IP the NVR will just not recognize the camera when plugged in directly in the nvr, but when plugged into the router it works just fine. i guess i need to buy a POE switch to hook up after the router now.

alastairstevenson

Staff member
Reaction score
also its frustrating with a static IP the NVR will just not recognize the camera when plugged in directly in the nvr
Interesting. I wonder if this means this NVR is actually providing, and relying on, a real DHCP service on the PoE ports, as opposed to directly configuring the cameras as the Hikvision NVRs do.

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
thanks i will do that so another device wont take the ip. also its frustrating with a static IP the NVR will just not recognize the camera when plugged in directly in the nvr, but when plugged into the router it works just fine. i guess i need to buy a POE switch to hook up after the router now.
I believe so, if I would have known this I would have bought all hikvision stuff

Now just trying to figure out getting the micro sd card to record/setup

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
well something got corrupted on either the NVR or hikvision camera so i reset both to default then changed the necessary settings back. I have the video displaying on the NVR but it isnt recording by motion again. I wonder if i am missing something. i suspect something buggy in the hik camera not taking my settings

also still wondering a way to get video of the onboard sd card without pulling the camera

Last edited by a moderator:

kevin917z

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I found the problem, there are 2 defects in the amcrest dvr settings and it wasn't the hik camera after all. If you change the settings more than once after doing so initially it will not make changes even though the settings are shown as being made. I didn't think this the case but managed to replicate it 3x.
Also the amcrest apply to all channels settings or cameras or copying schedules has a similar defect that doesn't work

bedarius

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I have similar problem, and maybe you can help. I have the Qcam NVR, and the AMCREST HD wireless camera. When I setup the camera with the iphone and hook it up to the local wifi, the NVR can see the camera, but it keeps saying "INVALID PWD". Even when I change the password on the camera directly, and then change it on the NVR, I'm getting the same error. Any idea what to do?
I have tried this with a different AMCREST HD camera, and I get the same error. When I do this with a different wireless camera however, I don't have that problem and it works just fine.
Any advice would be appreciated, as Amcrest support doesn't seem to be helping :(
Thanks!