Issue with Milestone Mobile

bigzee110

n3wb
Reaction score
I am using Milestone Xprotect Go with 6 Hik cameras. Everything seems to be working fine as far as viewing and recording but I can't get it to work on my phone or my house (setup is at my business). I've installed the milestone mobile server component and set up everything with the localhost and port 8081 and added mobile server on the management software. I tried putting in my wan ip address in the settings there but it would not validate it so I kept it with the default. It works fine on my LAN but I can't get it to work from anywhere outside the local network.

Port 8081 is forwarded on my router correctly to the local ip address of the computer that is using milestone. However, when I go to canyouseeme to see if port 8081 is open, it shows that it is closed. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks for the help!

bigzee110

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes. I have restarted the router, computer, and switch to see if the problem was solved but it didn't help.

bigzee110

n3wb
Reaction score
Problem solved. I disabled dmz and forwarded all ports for various devices using port forwarding and everything is working great. Thanks