Issue with Schedules & Profiles

itsbc

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm having some trouble with profiles at the moment. I thought I had my driveway camera set to record continuously from 10pm-7am, and then return to default (record when triggered) outside of those hours. However, when I checked my timeline this morning, it looks like it didn't record continuously. As a test, I changed it to record continuously through 12pm today (currently 9:00am my time) and it still didn't start recording.

1665584854319.png

As another test, I unchecked override global schedule for this camera, and went into the global settings > schedule, and I set everything to the Profile 3 Continuous, and when I applied it, no cameras began recording.

1665584981482.png

Any ideas what may be going on?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
That is your schedule screenshots.

Post screenshots from the camera for the record tab. I suspect you have it messed up there and do not have the appropriate profile set to continuous.

itsbc

n3wb
Reaction score
Here is the Record tab for one of the cameras (Driveway) I'm trying to achieve this with:
1665585647150.png

itsbc

n3wb
Reaction score
Ahh, I think I see what you mean. I didn't realize profiles were set up per camera through the record tab. Here's a new screenshot that I think you were initially looking for:

1665585906192.png

Would I want to set that to continuous + alerts?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Yep, your profile 3 is only set to triggered, so that is why you are not getting continuous recording.

If you are using substreams (highly recommended), then continuous + alerts (if you are running AI) will get you substream until an alert and then records mainstream for the alert. Most would recommend you run Cont+triggered instead of +alerts.

If you want mainstream continuous, then select just continuous.

itsbc

n3wb
Reaction score
Alright, I think with your help I'm getting a little closer. However, after setting that to continuous+trigger, it still doesn't appear to be changing profiles correctly. According to the schedule for this camera, it should be triggering Profile 3 to record continuous+triggers, but it's still showing it's set to Profile 1. You can see in the camera titlebar above the settings window.

1665586143524.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You told it to override the global schedule from 10pm to 7am, so it is now following the global schedule as it is outside of those hours. Don't specify the hours and just leave it at default.

itsbc

n3wb
Reaction score
That's just the name of the global schedule I created. I changed it from 10am-11am (the red bar in the schedule window) to see if it would switch profiles on schedule, but it didn't.

itsbc

n3wb
Reaction score
Is it possible it requires a camera restart when updating a schedule from the global settings?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
A separate restart shouldn't be needed as the camera should restart when you make any change in the camera settings.

I guess you could restart BI and see if that gets it going.

itsbc

n3wb
Reaction score
So, it was 9:55am here and I updated the global schedule "10pm-7am" to trigger at 10:00am and did a restart of the cameras and that seems to have caused the profiles to change correctly and begin recording. I think since I was changing the global schedule setting, it wasn't causing the cameras to restart and have it take effect.

That seems to have fixed my issue, but the main problem was that my profiles weren't set up correctly and I appreciate your help with that.

Thanks for such a quick response. Awesome forum.