issues rolling back blue iris pre watermark

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hi all,
I got the watermark and tried rolling back. Unfortunately, it only shows 2 versions on the check for update popup.
When I tried going to the farthest back, I get stuck on demo mode expired. Then If I try to update, it says no internet connection (even though there is) can't check.
I've seen prior updates posted around here, but am not sure how to update in the tool as it doesn't seem to have an option to load rollback updates. Now I have nothing.

Any thoughts beyond buying new subscription (69 shows on update purchase). I've been paying for the updates and didn't realize they were required forever until this (never use support). Not complaining, jus tryting to get things back to working.

Also, is the latest update only half the price of a new install? I saw it pointing me to the full 69 price (ps I do also see a 50 something dollar version discount through ipcamtalk vendor).

Last edited:

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thank you, but how do you reinstall the prior update from the download file? Do you reinstall it entirely and use the old licence key? PS. I fired off a letter to BI support, at this point I"m fine just paying upgrade price again, not a fresh install.

edit. looks like it pops up automatically in BI. So far, rollbacks keeps taking me to (*#&$ demo 15 day install screen.
Went back all the way to 5.0.6.6 and it still takes me to thank you 15 days to evaluate expired. I purchased BI all the way back to like ver 2. What a PITA.

*got version 4 working with 50% of cameras LOL.

Last edited:

bluecam

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It sounds like you lost your activation at some point and would need to re-enter your license key.
I didn't lose it... BI did after I tried rolling back. But re-entering license key did work and I found out I did pay for recent subscription update.
What happened was wife installed it on a different computer and caused all kinds of havoc on existing computer (starting with annoying watermark). Would be better if they just said some comment like license in use on another device.

Looking good now. Thanks for all the replies everyone. Even getting some of the push features working again on newer version.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
So... I'm in the same boat here at the moment. My support expired in Aug2022. Do I uninstall the version I just downloaded from BlueIrisSoftware.com and then install the old BI version from my old Downloads folder? Will my license know that I had support until then?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
So... I'm in the same boat here at the moment. My support expired in Aug2022. Do I uninstall the version I just downloaded from BlueIrisSoftware.com and then install the old BI version from my old Downloads folder? Will my license know that I had support until then?
You just rollback by selecting one from a date prior to your 1 year. If you uninstall then it won't like it because you didn't deactivate the license first.

davej

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You just rollback by selecting one from a date prior to your 1 year. If you uninstall then it won't like it because you didn't deactivate the license first.
Ah, well, I uninstalled and then installed that old version I had in Downloads on the old disk. It seems to work now but perhaps it isn't completely happy.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Or you got lucky. A lot of times if it wasn't deactivated then you get a watermark until you reach out to BI support to clear it.