Issues with Amcrest Camera going Offline

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hello

I have a 5MP Amcrest Turret I got from Amazon in May. I notice that every ~7-10 days it is offline and I need to reboot it and it works. I've tested the Ethernet cable and its fine. I have literally 12 other cameras on my network (other brands) and zero issues. I have tried two different switches and 3 power supplies (a Cisco PoE, a random injector I had available and a brand new 8 port Texas Wifi MidSpan) and I keep getting the same issues.

It is hardwired as mentioned so not a wifi issue. I doubt its my network because other cameras are fine.

Any troubleshooting tips?

Gargoile

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Hello

I have a 5MP Amcrest Turret I got from Amazon in May. I notice that every ~7-10 days it is offline and I need to reboot it and it works. I've tested the Ethernet cable and its fine. I have literally 12 other cameras on my network (other brands) and zero issues. I have tried two different switches and 3 power supplies (a Cisco PoE, a random injector I had available and a brand new 8 port Texas Wifi MidSpan) and I keep getting the same issues.

It is hardwired as mentioned so not a wifi issue. I doubt its my network because other cameras are fine.

Any troubleshooting tips?
Does this camera have access to the internet ?

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
Won't help with the root cause but those cams do have a scheduled reboot. Might save you from having to mess with it every week until/unless you figure it out. See under Setup > System > Auto-Maintain.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Does this camera have access to the internet ?
Not directly - only via Blue Iris

Won't help with the root cause but those cams do have a scheduled reboot. Might save you from having to mess with it every week until/unless you figure it out. See under Setup > System > Auto-Maintain.
Hmm good point. but agree, doesn't solve the root issue.

Mike A.

Known around here
Reaction score
I've not had any problems with mine but I recall some did with what seemed to be later runs. There's a thread here somewhere discussing them.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Have you confirmed it is offline by trying to log into the camera GUI directly?

I have a camera that will periodically show that in BI, yet the camera is alive and well. A reboot of the camera gets it showing again or find/inspect in BI does as well.

Just throwing that out there that it might be an issue between the camera and BI.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you confirmed it is offline by trying to log into the camera GUI directly?

I have a camera that will periodically show that in BI, yet the camera is alive and well. A reboot of the camera gets it showing again or find/inspect in BI does as well.

Just throwing that out there that it might be an issue between the camera and BI.
Hmm, great question. I've done many things to trouble shoot but I forget if I tried to log into the UI or just took the message at face value
Did you have any resolution to your situation?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm, great question. I've done many things to trouble shoot but I forget if I tried to log into the UI or just took the message at face value
Did you have any resolution to your situation?
Yeah, I factory reset the camera and it has been fine since.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

pelermon

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Thanks, my date/time format was similar but using a different NTP Server so I changed it to the one shown in the image on that link and I also set up an auto reboot for 1x a week.
Is it a good idea to set up reboot 1 a week? Never did that. It might be a good idea.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well I had the issue again, and I could not log into the UI with the URL on my LAN. I've tested the cable with 2 different testers, both pass on each test. I am at a loss, so I rewired how I have things powered. I isolated this camera on its own PoE Injector, and I have that plugged into a Panamax BlueBolt device and the outlet will autoreboot at 4am 2x a week. Cannot figure out the root cause but for now this should work (and likely steer me away from purchasing Amcrest in the future).

SalehCoder

n3wb
Reaction score
Well I had the issue again, and I could not log into the UI with the URL on my LAN. I've tested the cable with 2 different testers, both pass on each test. I am at a loss, so I rewired how I have things powered. I isolated this camera on its own PoE Injector, and I have that plugged into a Panamax BlueBolt device and the outlet will autoreboot at 4am 2x a week. Cannot figure out the root cause but for now this should work (and likely steer me away from purchasing Amcrest in the future).
Have you resolved this issue yet? I'm having the same issues with some of my Amcrest and Reolink cameras going offline once a day or once a week, until I PoE reboot it on the switch. The website stop responding and there's no video stream to BI or SSS, no ping response, and web UI not responding. The switch shows me that it's still consuming power, but it is unresponsive.

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Have you resolved this issue yet? I'm having the same issues with some of my Amcrest and Reolink cameras going offline once a day or once a week, until I PoE reboot it on the switch. The website stop responding and there's no video stream to BI or SSS, no ping response, and web UI not responding. The switch shows me that it's still consuming power, but it is unresponsive.
This sounds almost like a switch throughput issue. like perhaps a saturation of data that makes the camera appear unresponsive.
But if you dig deeper, you'll figure it out......what hardware are you running these cams on?

SalehCoder

n3wb
Reaction score
This sounds almost like a switch throughput issue. like perhaps a saturation of data that makes the camera appear unresponsive.
But if you dig deeper, you'll figure it out......what hardware are you running these cams on?
It’s UniFi switch 24 PoE (USW-24-PoE). It should be able to handle it easily. It’s frustrating.

eggzlot

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
no fix. And I am using Cisco SG switches. I’ve moved between switches and same outcome. These are direct runs and no patch panels.