Issues with Hikvision 2332-i retaining settings

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hey all
A friend who has 5 Hikvision 2332-i cameras hooked up to a Hikvision NVR is having a little issue that i would i would check with all you guys to see if anyone else is experiencing.
All cameras are setup and have been running perfectly except for a rather annoying issue,
Motion detection has been setup on each cam, the detected area has been draw for each cam and sensitivity set to 40 and working fine, periodically could be a day or two or in a few cases within hours the detection area will reset to the whole screen and sensitivity will go from 40 back to 100.

This is happening on all cam

Yes he is saving each time he makes changes
Have any of you experienced this?

ADCS

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find this happens if you set the motion detection in the camera and then afterwards browse around in the motion settings within the NVR.

For me it would change itself from expert mode to normal mode. I use intrusion detection now and have no issues.

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I find this happens if you set the motion detection in the camera and then afterwards browse around in the motion settings within the NVR.

For me it would change itself from expert mode to normal mode. I use intrusion detection now and have no issues.
Thank you ADCS for your response, i will pass that one to look at ASAP

chipreibel

n3wb
Reaction score
I just experienced this last night (with two different 2332-i cameras) at two different times.

The first time, the "motion detection" on the camera in my kids bedroom had been turned on (it has been off for the past week). My kids got home from school and ran into their room and I started hearing the motion detection alarm chirping on my PC (running iVMS-4200 software). Confused, I went into the camera settings and the "motion detection" had indeed been turned on. Not sure how/why, but it was.

The second time was when I rebooted my PC just before heading to bed and just for grins (since I just got the motion detection recording set-up on the porch camera yesterday) I opened the front door and stepped onto the porch listening for the motion detection alarm to chirp ... but ... no chirp. I was pissed (and confused). After digging around for a few minutes, I realized that the sensitivity had dropped from 40 to 0. Hmmmmm...

Reaction score
Synology just updated their Surveillance Station software with a "Keep Camera Settings" option that seems to fix this problem! This made me pull my hair out at times.

chipreibel

n3wb
Reaction score
I have had continued problems getting my cameras to retain some settings/changes I make. As an example, I tried to change the "Camera Name" within the OSD settings. I'd change (fix) the name, save it, and verify on the Live View that it was correct. Sometimes it would take a few minutes and other times it would take a couple hours, but the camera name would always revert back to the previous setting.

I found that if I make the changes and then immediately reboot the camera the changes will actually "stick". It has been about a week now and none of the camera names have reverted back to their pervious settings.

glenncol

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have had continued problems getting my cameras to retain some settings/changes I make. As an example, I tried to change the "Camera Name" within the OSD settings. I'd change (fix) the name, save it, and verify on the Live View that it was correct. Sometimes it would take a few minutes and other times it would take a couple hours, but the camera name would always revert back to the previous setting.

I found that if I make the changes and then immediately reboot the camera the changes will actually "stick". It has been about a week now and none of the camera names have reverted back to their pervious settings.
Hi Chip

I found a solution to my issue but have not updated the thread (My Bad) in this case my issue was i was using thing the Admin user ID's for the cameras authentication on IVMS 4200. i created new user ID's with minimal rights and used these.

Setting have stuck for a month now

phoenixone

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This problem is driving me ABSOLUTELY CRAZY!!!!
I have an LTS NVR system (closest to unbranded Hikvision DS-7716NI-SP/16 NVR and 7 DS-2CD2332-I 2MP). The units are FANTASTIC!
But, as with Hikvision, I'm having the same problem with some of the cameras not retaining the expert settings.
Specifically with one camera but from time to time, other cameras would randomly switch back to normal.
I changed the login to a user with no admin privileges and the password as well. The NVR does not have any expert settings, just normal.
I can't narrow down what exactly causes it. Closing the browser (Firefox, because the damn plugin doesn't work with Chrome!), reopening it
would sometimes reset it, sometimes it won't. Same thing with rebooting the NRV. It's hit or miss.
I'm using Motion Detection because Traversing The Plane decides when it wants to work, which is almost never. Ugh.
I have the Motion Detection Expert Settings set to where it is 90% accurate....but when it reverts...AAAARGH!!!
I've searched the net and I could only come up with this thread and maybe one other which doesn't have a clear solution.

I've been having a problem with one camera that continuously keeps reverting back to Normal and it's always showing a yellow triangle under the NVR.
camera settings but it records and playback is fine.
I thought I found the solution but after a couple of days, the triangle is back....but , the camera basically operates as it should...only it keeps reverting back.
Possible correlation? I don't know...it beats me.

Great system! I love it! But ARGH!!!....my settings!!!!!!
...(and that blasted yellow triangle!!!!)

Last edited by a moderator:

pal251

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I have the same problem with a dahua camera that keeps loosing settings. Wish these companies would fix the cameras and make them communicate better with the nvrs

chipreibel

n3wb
Reaction score
I found a solution to my issue but have not updated the thread (My Bad) in this case my issue was i was using thing the Admin user ID's for the cameras authentication on IVMS 4200. i created new user ID's with minimal rights and used these.

So, I tried using new credentials in the iVMS software to log into the cameras and it did a FANTASTIC job of retaining the settings. hat aspect worked great.

BUT -- it wouldn't record a single thing. It was as if the revised credentials didn't have access to the feed or something (even though I have the user all available permissions). Did you have this same issue? If you did, what was the work-around?

Last edited by a moderator:

PJ Will

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi Chip

Hello, I tried this solution but it didn't work for me. What I did was, add a user account and only gave it access to Live View, clicked Save and Rebooted. Every night around 12am, my cameras Event setting would switch back from Expert to Normal mode.

I am using a LaView IP camera, but it is hikvision software so I am guessing it is rebranded. Also, I am using NVMS7000 as a PC/NVR device to record to my pc.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.