Issues with IVMS4200 configuring cameras, including missing smart event options on OSX

gb7777

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
IVMS4200 - OSX - v1.02.03.02 (latest)
Cam 1 - 2CD2142FWD-I, v5.4.5 build 170124 - UK Camera
Cam 2 - DS-2CD2132-I, v5.4.41 build 170312 - Chinese Camera

Issue 1:

The OSX version of IVMS4200 appears to be missing configuration options. For example you can only configure basic motion events not smart events. The smart events simply aren't there to configure via either {Device Management -> Remote Configuration} or {Camera Settings Tab}.

This is particularly inconvenient as the web plugin doesn't work on any web browser on OSX (including firefox, I get it installed and running but just see a black screen). Its also not working on my Windows VM.

As a result I can only configure Smart events by using IVMS on Windows. Either VM (which is slow due to video feeds), my old very slow Win 7 machine I found in a draw or borrowing one of the Win10 lab machines.

Issue 2:

The Chinese cameras some options can be configured via IVMS, but others such as Motion events I receive an error:

"Error code HCNetSDK.dll[11].(Data transmission failed, incorrect data to or from the device.)"​

This applies on both OSX and Windows IVMS.

I can configure directly via the web interface. But since the plugin only works on my very old Win 7 machine, I'm setting myself up for trouble down the line when that machine decides to die.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Part of me wishes I'd just waited for a Costco kit a few years ago when I bought these.