Issues with new Dahua IPC-HFW2431S-S-S2

Elclaudio

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi there

I have just purchased a Dahua IPC-HFW2431S-S-S2 on amazon and installed it few days ago but I'm yet running into issues.
First, I have a doubt about the model itself, on the box it is written DH-IPC-HFW2431SP-S-S2 but on the web interface it says : Device Type IPC-HFW2431S-S-S2 the P letter is missing compared to the box, I'don't know if it's important or not.

Secondly, I've issues with some disconnections from the network, sometime the camera barely respond to pings, the web interface is inaccessible and of course, no stream. After many tries, I've found that forcing the RJ45 port on my switch to 10Mbps instead of default (100Mbps auto sensing) appear to solve the issue. The problem is not with the ethernet cable itself, I've tested it. Also, when I swap with another ip poe camera, I don't have such issue.

The camera can't acces the internet and it's on a specific VLAN, there is no DNS in the config like all my others cams

The log shows that there are many disconnections :

Code:
Username: System
Time: 2022-04-23 22:14:55
Type: Event End
Content: {Ethernet Card:eth0  Event Type:Off-line Event  }

Time: 2022-04-23 22:14:54
Type: Event Begin

Time: 2022-04-23 22:13:46

Time: 2022-04-23 22:13:45

Time: 2022-04-23 21:21:40

Time: 2022-04-23 21:21:39

Time: 2022-04-23 20:42:53

Time: 2022-04-23 20:42:52

At first, I've searched the dahua website for a firmware update:

this return 2 firmware:
DH_IPC-HX2XXX-Molec_MultiLang_PN_V2.820.0000000.45.R.220331

DH_IPC-HX2XXX-Molec_MultiLang_NP_V2.820.0000000.45.R.220331

What's the differences between them ? What mean PN and NP ?

the actual firmware on my camera appear to be quiet old :
System Version V2.800.0000000.9.R, Build Date: 2019-11-15

I've read the changelog of the firmware V2.820.0000000.37.R.210901 and it says a network connection bug is resolved:

Clipboard02.jpg

So I've tried to update the camera but the firmware seem's "incompatible", there is an error message saying that the camera will reboot and the firmware is NOT updated.

What do you thinks about this ?
How could I update the firmware ?

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
When buying on Amazon you need to be careful. Many of the cameras there are "hacked" firmware cameras, IE originally made with Chinese only then hacked to make them English or another language. The result is firmware that cannot be updated. It's safer to buy cameras from known, trusted, vendors like EmpireTech.

Elclaudio

n3wb
Reaction score
When buying on Amazon you need to be careful. Many of the cameras there are "hacked" firmware cameras, IE originally made with Chinese only then hacked to make them English or another language. The result is firmware that cannot be updated. It's safer to buy cameras from known, trusted, vendors like EmpireTech.
So, you mean I can't update it with the official firmware ? How could I know if it's a scam ? the vendor is "La Protection Vidéo" on amazon.fr

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It is best to obtain any firmware updates from the vendor you purchased it from so that you do not run into issues. Any firmware you find here or elsewhere is obviously proceed at your own risk. We have many threads here where someone tried an update with a firmware they found on the internet and bricked their unit.

Many units being sold are Chinese hacked units into English that will either brick or go into Chinese upon updating. Some vendors will be upfront and tell consumers that as part of their website, but many do not or the consumer forgets...here is one such example....

1642062778963.png

Elclaudio

n3wb
Reaction score
I don't think that's a fake camera but yes it appear to be a "hacked" model. I've contacted the vendor yesterday, waiting for a response.
Next time, I'll buy an amcrest, the one I have is nice and have no issue with firmware upgrades.

sebastiantombs

Known around here
Reaction score
Buy Dahua cameras from Andy at EmpireTech. They are Dahua OEM and can the firmware can be upgraded pretty safely. Follow the threads that Andy posts when an update becomes available to see what the features of new firmware really are and if it is appropriate for the cameras you buy from him. Amcrest is made by Dahua and generally downgraded hardware and firmware when compared to Dahua. That's why they're less expensive.

Snowlie

n3wb
Reaction score
Buy Dahua cameras from Andy at EmpireTech. They are Dahua OEM and can the firmware can be upgraded pretty safely. Follow the threads that Andy posts when an update becomes available to see what the features of new firmware really are and if it is appropriate for the cameras you buy from him. Amcrest is made by Dahua and generally downgraded hardware and firmware when compared to Dahua. That's why they're less expensive.
Hi there. I’m a new user that just registered. I recently bought my first camera and a NVR from Andy at EmpireTech through Amazon and ran into an issue this morning.

When I tried to email him about it my message was returned back to me from Postmaster@163.com. This confused me as it’s the same email that I had been emailing back and forth with him.

Do you know if he changed his email recently or something? I liked knowing that I had his support by being able to contact him directly.

Thanks in advance!

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hi there. I’m a new user that just registered. I recently bought my first camera and a NVR from Andy at EmpireTech through Amazon and ran into an issue this morning.

When I tried to email him about it my message was returned back to me from Postmaster@163.com. This confused me as it’s the same email that I had been emailing back and forth with him.

Do you know if he changed his email recently or something? I liked knowing that I had his support by being able to contact him directly.

Thanks in advance!
I would try the email again - make sure you didn't have a typo and maybe reply back to the email chain if you had tried a new email.

Maybe there was a glitch in the email and it will go now, or maybe his inbox is full with all the cameras he is selling.

In any event, he is a regular on this forum and by 8pm eastern he should be back on and will see this post and reach out to you.

In the meantime, this forum is here to help as well, so feel free to post your issue and we might be able to resolve it.

Snowlie

n3wb
Reaction score
I would try the email again - make sure you didn't have a typo and maybe reply back to the email chain if you had tried a new email.

Maybe there was a glitch in the email and it will go now, or maybe his inbox is full with all the cameras he is selling.

In any event, he is a regular on this forum and by 8pm eastern he should be back on and will see this post and reach out to you.

In the meantime, this forum is here to help as well, so feel free to post your issue and we might be able to resolve it.
Thanks for your reply. I’m happy to see he’s a regular in here so I could always contact him that way.

I’m still having issues with my emails to him being returned, even after trying to reply in one of our previous strings.

Since I couldn’t get ahold of him and my return window is closing, I just went ahead and did an exchange with Amazon. It was just a few minor physical issues with the camera I had received. I never even hooked it up.

Since I’m a complete newb with IP cameras, I’m sure I’ll be in here asking something at some point as soon as I get my replacement camera. I’m more than ready to be leaving the Arlo/Eufy cam world behind!