Issues with older type IP cam

mtx123

n3wb
Reaction score
Then what have you checked based on the 2 following suggestions from members as below? :idk::cool:

It was suggested the camera was improperly installed or the camera was mishandled when installing and the lens was rotated from its proper orientation.

It was suggested someone dropped or mishandled the camera when installing and the lens became displaced, knocking it out of focus and making the image blurred.

It was also suggested the dome is dirty; over time UV and smog can permanently fog the image.
My remark was about the reactions, that have nothing to do with my cameratypes. In suggest that people start their own topic, to keep subjects separated.

Some clarification then, Tony:
In previous setup with exact the same camera's, there were settings in the firmware that allowed you to flip and turn the camera image. These seem to have disappeared.

The focus is not related to mishandling, as the blurred image only happen during the night, under IR light. Hikvision suggest that this is caused by bleeding, or straylight, in the dome, by UV.
So I will investigate this.
Domes are clean and undamaged.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
My remark was about the reactions, that have nothing to do with my cameratypes. In suggest that people start their own topic, to keep subjects separated.

Some clarification then, Tony:
In previous setup with exact the same camera's, there were settings in the firmware that allowed you to flip and turn the camera image. These seem to have disappeared.

The focus is not related to mishandling, as the blurred image only happen during the night, under IR light. Hikvision suggest that this is caused by bleeding, or straylight, in the dome, by UV.
So I will investigate this.
Domes are clean and undamaged.
Seeing options on camera heavily depends on Webcomponents plugin. Please run camera web interface with internet explorer and plugin enabled(if you ar eon win11 use this txt file and save it as .vbs).

Dome are known to have problem with IR reflections. Theres nothing you can do software wise, but you can stuff additional sponge on top of current one, so there wont be any leak of reflective lights.

Attachments

mtx123

n3wb
Reaction score
Seeing options on camera heavily depends on Webcomponents plugin. Please run camera web interface with internet explorer and plugin enabled(if you ar eon win11 use this txt file and save it as .vbs).

Dome are known to have problem with IR reflections. Theres nothing you can do software wise, but you can stuff additional sponge on top of current one, so there wont be any leak of reflective lights.
Thanks!
Clear story for the dome.

About the Webcomponents plugin: I installed it before, but it seems to do nothing. I "only" tried Chrome, Edge, Mozilla. Nothing happens.
So I will try to install IE as well....
If I understand well, I first start the camera IP address, then click on the link of Webcomponents, then close the browser, install Webcomponents, and login the camera ?

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
You can only use webcomponents on browser that supports activeX, and none of the ones u mentioned support it. Edge will with internet explorer mode ON

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Then that's why there is a "Reply" button so members know to what post you are addressing.:cool:
The focus is not related to mishandling, as the blurred image only happen during the night, under IR light.
Then perhaps it's not a focus issue. Mishandling CAN dislodge the proper placement of the foam ring, causing IR bleed/bounceback. See attached Hikvision Tech bulletin below.

Attachments

mtx123

n3wb
Reaction score
Then that's why there is a "Reply" button so members know to what post you are addressing.:cool:

Then perhaps it's not a focus issue. Mishandling CAN dislodge the proper placement of the foam ring, causing IR bleed/bounceback. See attached Hikvision Tech bulletin below.
Yes, that is exactly what I see.
I will take the cam down, and try to fix it.

mtx123

n3wb
Reaction score
You can only use webcomponents on browser that supports activeX, and none of the ones u mentioned support it. Edge will with internet explorer mode ON
I tried Edge with IE mode ON.
I installed the Webcomponents, and restarted the browser. But no change...
Is there maybe another way to make this work ?
Or should I really install IE because it has ActiveX ? That would be a bad selling point for Hikvision cameras.
Because I expect in the near future ActiveX will be made obsolete, and then what :idk: ?

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
I tried Edge with IE mode ON.
I installed the Webcomponents, and restarted the browser. But no change...
Is there maybe another way to make this work ?
Or should I really install IE because it has ActiveX ? That would be a bad selling point for Hikvision cameras.
Because I expect in the near future ActiveX will be made obsolete, and then what :idk: ?
How to enable native Internet Explorer in Windows 10 and 11:
  1. Open Notepad:
  2. Copy then Paste the single line of code below:
  3. CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
  4. Save as OpenIE.vbs
  5. Make sure the the file name ends in .vbs not .txt, If it ends in .txt you must rename to .vbs
  6. Create a shortcut to the above file and double-click it anytime you want native Internet Explorer.
Or.....

Try Pale Moon browser, 32 bit

mtx123

n3wb
Reaction score
How to enable native Internet Explorer in Windows 10 and 11:
  1. Open Notepad:
  2. Copy then Paste the single line of code below:
  3. CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
  4. Save as OpenIE.vbs
  5. Make sure the the file name ends in .vbs not .txt, If it ends in .txt you must rename to .vbs
  6. Create a shortcut to the above file and double-click it anytime you want native Internet Explorer.
Or.....

Try Pale Moon browser, 32 bit
Thanks, I will try this, however not as a first priority. As I found yesterday evening a setting in the app, to flip or rotate the camera image.
And it worked !
However it seems like I still miss settings stuff, for which I probably need to login right into each camera.
Next I will try to select 2 new camera's, to expand my cctv circuit.
And I have to figure out how to transfer all old data (including licenses !) to my new NAS, as I am migrating from Synology DS213 to DS224+