It's not going well no camera network activity but power

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not at all I only made one cable it was spot on I am using it now with my switch. The camera has been up since day one just gradually getting worse over time.

The wire I put that camera on was already up running a hikvision camera for years replaced it with the new one and a few weeks of running the camera without a drop. The new one starts to play up dropping network.

Like always power just no network I have an issue with the camera it's that simple I have stopped looking for solutions as I know it's a camera issue.

Out of 8 cameras I have owned it's the only one I have had any sort of major issues with.

Last edited:

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@hermaninthehood you got me to try again now that I am a bit more calm :).

I can get the camera on with any cable I own but I have to plug it in & out until I see the network light flash.

Now is it possible that the female part of the connection is out of line slightly or not making good contact but then it would just go off with movement which it does not?

hermaninthehood

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
first do as @sebastiantombs said: The first basic step is to test with a known, good, commercially made, cable.
then.. even with that - are any of these or your "cables not made by you" CCA, slimrun, flat garbage, 28, 30, 32 awg shit? they have a higher failure rate. yes moving them "could have" compromised them. (unlikely, but just as unlikely as a pigtail failure)

any cable you made with the pass thru connector crimp, just because a tester passes it and it works in one device doesn't necessarily mean it will work in another.
some devices dont use all 8 conductors. some devices have shorter depth inputs or different materials - meaning if you do have short problem with ends it would be difficult to identify it universally and eliminate that with 100% certainty.
just like any random tester, not all tester would necessarily identify a short with the pass thru end part. lastly and again - if you did use a cable with a short problem, it could damage a device

many many many people have problems terminating 23awg solid bulk cable with pass thru ends. just read amazon reviews. usually with no fault to manufacturer or seller, as i mentioned before its probably almost always user error with bad tools, subpar or incompatible components, etc..

good luck

Last edited:

ANTH040

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Thanks for your input I brought the camera inside a few days ago and managed to get it on like I said. Never touched it stayed on for a day and a half and then dropped with no movement in the wires.

I have two old hikvision cameras that I have tried on the wires which run perfectly just like all my other cameras instantly fire up and stay on. This camera has an issue nothing else to do but send it back.