I've updated Firmware. Having some issues regarding Intrusion/Line Crossing. Can anyone help?

LJames888

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all,
My device model is DS-7604NXI-K1 / 4P. This morning I was asked to update the Firmware (V4.82.100 build 240606), which I did. All went smoothly. I had a quick look at the new interface and left it it at that.
My problem is - before, I had set up the camera to detect Intrusion and Line-Crossings, when people entered the pathway into my mother's house. All worked perfectly. Never had any problems. The 'Target Detection' down the left-hand side of the interface, would show 4 alerts, and in the 'thumbnail' a green box would show around the person who had entered the Intrusion area and who had crossed Line-Crossing.
It was so useful, because it INSTANTLY helped to differentiate from the Motion Detection that was set up to monitor just outside the house.
Motion Detection would pick up all the people passing, and Target Detective would show it on the left-hand side, but, there would be no green box around the human. PERFECT. Anything with a green box - Intrusion/Line-Crossing.
Now - I still get the alert/s that there has been an Intrusion/Line-Crossing detection, but, the green boxes that you used to appear, now no longer do.
Can anyone offer any suggestions/help?

Carcus

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Always been scared of the Hikvision update especially on the older models, they have improved in the last 3 years but prior to that if it aint broke don't fix it is my motto with Hikvision, unless you're happy to risk breaking and buying a new one. lol.

At least with Dahua you can downgrade firmware no issues.

Sorry couldn't be much more help than that.

LJames888

n3wb
Reaction score
Under event enable Intelligent Analisys

Also on web browser under local settings, Display rules

Most likely this had reset after upgrade.
Thanks for the reply,
Can I just say, since owning/operating my Hikvision, when researching online, I've noticed that not everybody has the same interface/features.
I think that may be the case here.
As soon you mentioned 'Event', I thought "I've never seen Intelligent Analysis anywhere on the interface". Where it be the NVR or the browser. Could it be that this isn't available with my box - DS-7604NXI-K1 / 4P ?
Now, the 'Local Settings' you mentioned in the web browser, at the risk of sounding totally silly - where would I find that? Because the menu on the left-hand side of the browser lists like this:
System
Network
Video/Audio
Event
Storage
Vehicle Detection
VCA
Face Picture Library

It's so frustrating. Before, you could walk into a room, see 4 boxes in the Target Detection and if you saw a green box, you knew instantly - somebody has entered my property and not pay too much attention to the others (without green boxes).

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This is why most of us don't update if the camera works for our needs. Too many times something happens with an update.

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Intelligent Analysis - Its usually located above or bellow "Enable intrusion detection" tickbox

You cannot see Local at top because you are not opening browser that supports activex plugin.

Open with Internet explorer, if you are on win11, save this code in notepad as .vbs extension at the end. This will enable IE functionality on win11

Code:
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
I know it can be frustrating, but its a good lesson for you. Since you do not know as much as authorized installers, best is do not upgrade for sake of just upgrading. Newer firmware is not always the better.

let me know how it went
Cheers

trempa92

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
Intelligent Analysis can also be called Dynamic Analysis or something similar to that, its usually only tickbox next to Enable any event

Also i forgot to mention if you have under Video/audio at the bottom Display VCA - Pick by Video, not by Player

LJames888

n3wb
Reaction score
Intelligent Analysis - Its usually located above or bellow "Enable intrusion detection" tickbox

You cannot see Local at top because you are not opening browser that supports activex plugin.

Open with Internet explorer, if you are on win11, save this code in notepad as .vbs extension at the end. This will enable IE functionality on win11

Code:
CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application").Visible=true
I know it can be frustrating, but its a good lesson for you. Since you do not know as much as authorized installers, best is do not upgrade for sake of just upgrading. Newer firmware is not always the better.

let me know how it went
Cheers
Thanks for the reply!
Let me just have a quick look.
I'm a bit new to all this.
Intelligent Analysis can also be called Dynamic Analysis or something similar to that, its usually only tickbox next to Enable any event

Also i forgot to mention if you have under Video/audio at the bottom Display VCA - Pick by Video, not by Player
OK. Here's what I've done. First of all I've used Microsoft Edge as the browser AND download the plug-in. I was hesitant to download the plug-in, because I previously downloaded it on another machine, and each time I rebooted Windows, I would be asked whether I wanted to download the plug-in. Yet to see if that happens with this machine. But, I'll cross that river when I come to it.

So, now, after installing the plug-in, I have Local at the top of list. In that section there is Live View Parameters - Rules, Display Trajectory and POS/OSD Overlay. All of which were DISABLED. Do I need to ENABLE Display? Do I need to ENABLE all of them?

Also, regarding Dynamic Analysis - that is available in the Motion Detection. It was already ENABLED. It isn't available in SMD Events (Intrusion/Line Crossing/Region Entrance/Region Exiting)