iVMS-4200 - Anyone's still working after recent Windows 10 Update?

Reaction score
My IVMS-4200 has been running for 4+ years with no problems but after a recent Windows 10 update, it crashed - it would not start up, it would hang up on 90% when starting the client; the storage server starts OK.

So I tried installing the newest version from the website downloads. This time it started up, but when selecting the hard drive to record to (that I've been using for years), it doesn't save! By that I mean if I check the box for a hard drive (in the storage server configuration) and click to save it, the box is back to unchecked if I click on something else and then come back to view that setting.

So thinking it's just my PC, I installed the same newest version of IVMS-4200 on another Windows10 PC and the exact same thing happens! I check the box to record to a non-OS hard drive and it does not save even though I get a confirmation message that it was saved!

So I cannot record!!

Anyone else having this problem? If so, did you fix it?

yadg2000

n3wb
Reaction score
My IVMS-4200 has been running for 4+ years with no problems but after a recent Windows 10 update, it crashed - it would not start up, it would hang up on 90% when starting the client; the storage server starts OK.

So I tried installing the newest version from the website downloads. This time it started up, but when selecting the hard drive to record to (that I've been using for years), it doesn't save! By that I mean if I check the box for a hard drive (in the storage server configuration) and click to save it, the box is back to unchecked if I click on something else and then come back to view that setting.

So thinking it's just my PC, I installed the same newest version of IVMS-4200 on another Windows10 PC and the exact same thing happens! I check the box to record to a non-OS hard drive and it does not save even though I get a confirmation message that it was saved!

So I cannot record!!

Anyone else having this problem? If so, did you fix it?
I started noticing problems after the latest Windows 10 upgrade (Version 1803) done a couple of week ago. iVMS either does not start at all, posting an "Error Run", or hangs at 72% (not sure if that percentage has any significance). I uninstalled iVMS and installed the latest release but the problem persists. Would appreciate if anyone can share information either on a solution or an explanation (root cause). Prior to this latest Windows upgrade everything was running smoothly for about a year (i.e. did not encounter any problems with earilier Windows 10 upgrades).