iVMS-4200 Client playback video is old and not the same aplayback from DS-7608NI-SE

max

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi all, new on the forum and did a search but couldn't find this particular issue...

Have a DS-7608NI-SE with 4 hx-d2132i cameras all setup exactly the same. Everything has been running flawless for well over a year. During my routine system checks using iVMS-4200 Client, I was verifying playback from each feed and I noticed that one of them would playback a 5-10 sec feed from August 2014?? On top of that, it shows me that there is constant video recording (cameras are set to motion) until end of September (so roughly 20 days in the future). Everything I try to playback from that feed is the same 10 sec video continuously.

Was able to go back in time and find playback working properly on this channel up to July 22, 2015 at 16:00, then it goes to this old video clip constantly. Now note that when I go to the DS-7608 DVR and playback the same feed locally, everything is fine and the motion triggers and videos are all there.

Firmware and versions of software have all been updated today with no change in behavior. I'm stumped and was about to format the HD to start over in order to get rid of the offending video file but I would rather find the issue and resolve it. It seems like a corrupt file pointer maybe?

So in a nutshell, remote playback from one of four feeds (other three are fine) is a very old 10sec clip from 2014, however, local playback is fine..

Has anyone seen of heard of something like this?
I appreciate any insight you may have...

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Re: iVMS-4200 Client playback video is old and not the same aplayback from DS-7608NI-

How long was the system running continuously for prior?

If you can afford to lose the stored footage. Might be a good idea to reformat the drive and start fresh. In my experience if there was a corruption for whatever reason it's best to start fresh. But thats based on my IT experience.

max

n3wb
Reaction score
Re: iVMS-4200 Client playback video is old and not the same aplayback from DS-7608NI-

How long was the system running continuously for prior?

If you can afford to lose the stored footage. Might be a good idea to reformat the drive and start fresh. In my experience if there was a corruption for whatever reason it's best to start fresh. But thats based on my IT experience.
Thanks for your feedback...Was thinking the same thing but wanted a second opinion.

System was installed and running fine since May 2014 btw.

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Just had a re-read of your original post. If the local playbavk is fine but remote is different, that is an odd issue. Have you tried playing back remotely from a different device?

max

n3wb
Reaction score

I use my office PC to do all of this but I also tried playback from my iPhone using the App with the exact same results. I have not tried the remote software on another PC however...

max

n3wb
Reaction score

I don't know how the system works enough to understand/know if there is a difference between accessing the playback via remote software versus locally....This is why I suggested some kind of corrupt pointer that is used in a layer via remote playback that is not used when accessing locally on unit...yes, grasping at straws now ;)

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Me either. If you haven't found the issue within the next couple weeks, or no one else has chimed in it might be a good idea to do a clean install and see how it goes from there.

Also I hear, a reboot every now and then might be a good idea.

max

n3wb
Reaction score

Ok thanks. I will update the thread once I have a fix/solution..

max

n3wb
Reaction score

FYI: I went ahead and formatted the HD. The problem was immediately "resolved" and everything is working properly again...

Michelin Man

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score

Let's hope it stays that way. You may need to think about doing regular reboots which will help with these weird issues.