iVMS-4200 Client (v2.3.1.3) won't playback motion detection events

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
software: iVMS-4200 Client (v2.3.1.3) + Storage server + Stream server
camera: DS-2CD2032F-I firmware 5.2.5 (from china, there is a note on the back which says "v5.3.0" so I guess they loaded an old english firware on it)
system: Windows Vista

Motion detection works fine, but the Event Playback for Motion Detection gives me an error:
Failed to search the event triggered video. Error Code HCNetSDK.dll[23].(Not supported.)

iVMS-4200 PCNVR worked fine.

Any ideas?

Attachments

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hmmm, I need to check out the newer version.

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I installed this version and it is not playing nice. It's not finding the storage server.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Well, I installed this version and it is not playing nice. It's not finding the storage server.
That worked fine for me, is it the same version?

I also tried a little bit older version 2.3.0.5 which did not playback events as well.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Not even v2.02.03.03 and v2.00.08.50 work for me. Could it be a problem with my cameras? Which version do you use?

This is from ClientLog.txt:
[2015-09-06 16:15:42,055][PGT][ERROR]CPlaybackEvent::FindEventFilesOnce NET_DVR_FindFileByEvent failed, error code = 23.[..\..\..\src\PlaybackLogical\SearchFileEvent.cpp(1152)]

Look what I found in SDK:

Search files by event: NET_DVR_FindFileByEvent

The interface has assigned the searching condition to search (event type).After calling it successfully, we can call NET_DVR_FindNextEvent to get fileinformation. The searched record files by event are given by start time andend time, so it supports only playback by time by callingNET_DVR_PlayBackByTime.This function requires the support of device, and if the device doesn’t supportit, the API will return -1, and error code will be 23.

Last edited by a moderator:

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got it to work. I can only pull events by time though. I noticed this has a VCA button. It looks like you have to have cameras that support this functionality in order to search recordings by a particular type of event/trigger. I wish the documentation was a little clearer.

It appears the in camera analytics just trigger the server to record and do not pass along any data in regards to the type of trigger, i.e. motion, line crossing, area intrusion.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I got it to work. I can only pull events by time though. I noticed this has a VCA button. It looks like you have to have cameras that support this functionality in order to search recordings by a particular type of event/trigger. I wish the documentation was a little clearer.

It appears the in camera analytics just trigger the server to record and do not pass along any data in regards to the type of trigger, i.e. motion, line crossing, area intrusion.

I have a camera which supports it, I can configure it, and it works all correctly.

I also changed a quota for storage to have space for additional informations and pictures. I do not see why it would need a support from camera to playback, there is nothing saved there, everything should be in the storage server, imho. PCNVR worked fine. I have 2CD2032-I, 2CD2032F-I and 2CD3132-I from China, but I do not know if it is a region or firmware issue or what. So you could normally search and playback motion detection events?

I am clicking on that button:

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric Coll

n3wb
Reaction score
Indeed, this is the answer to the problem of not recording alarm event type:
"I also changed a quota for storage to have space for additional informations and pictures."

It's also the answer to the problem of not storing or displaying alarm event photos / screen grabs.

The default seems to be 100% video and 0% images and 0% info.
The server is not going to store anything with 0% quota...

95% video, 4% photo and 1% info is working well for me.

Cheers

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Indeed, this is the answer to the problem of not recording alarm event type:
"I also changed a quota for storage to have space for additional informations and pictures."

It's also the answer to the problem of not storing or displaying alarm event photos / screen grabs.

The default seems to be 100% video and 0% images and 0% info.
The server is not going to store anything with 0% quota...

95% video, 4% photo and 1% info is working well for me.

Cheers
That is not working for me. I cannot even apply changes on the Schedule page of the Storage Server...

Attachments

Eric Coll

n3wb
Reaction score
Under "advanced settings" did you try to set a pre-record value? That gives a "not supported" error.

nejakejnick

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Under "advanced settings" did you try to set a pre-record value? That gives a "not supported" error.
I tried, but regardless of that, just clicking on "advanced settings" causes the apply button to give me that error...

I am using Blue Iris now...