IVMS 4200 or webpage client?

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have accessed my cameras both through the IVMS 4200 and the webpage client (ie:simply typing the dvr's IP address into the browser address bar). I'm not sure I see the advantage to using the IVMS-4200 program. Actually the web view seems somewhat more stable. The only advantage I could find to ivms is that it's somewhat customizable ie: I can set up my favorite 4 camera split screen view and have it there the next time I log in (webview doesn't seem to do that). Are there any other reasons to use the program rather than the web page?

milkisbad

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
you can go to local configuration on the DVR's webpage and check auto-start live view and resume live view status and it'll save the view you last have the next time.

The software client is useful for managing multiple DVRs and watching different locations at the same time, but the learning curve is much higher vs the web client

ilan1h2020

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
you can go to local configuration on the DVR's webpage and check auto-start live view and resume live view status and it'll save the view you last have the next time.

The software client is useful for managing multiple DVRs and watching different locations at the same time, but the learning curve is much higher vs the web client
milkisbad,
This doesn't seem to work. I checked the setting "Auto Start Live View" and "Save"...I then went to the "Live View" and arranged the 4 cameras in the configuration that I wanted (and selected substream for each). This is the view that want every time. If I toggle the little switch on the bottom "stop all live view" or "start all live view" it will keep the configuration that I have kept. However, if I logout or simply move to another tab, the configuration is gone when I return. I find myself setting up the same configuration over and over.

tainted

n3wb
Reaction score
Thanks for the question as I was wondering the same thing. Also curious if there are things that you can only do directly on the NVR (using the mouse while hooked to a tv) vs using either NVMS7000 or web client? I just wanted to know if i needed to adjust any settings directly now while i still have access to it before i install in a remote location. Thanks