iVMS-4200: Setup Help for a Newbie

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have two IP cameras and the DS-7608NI-I2/8P NVR. I have not found any basic instructions on setting up the iVMS-4200 client to live view content as well as playback recorded content. Any pointers would be appreciated.

--Rob

Fruit

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hope this helps, here is the PDF manual from them: (for the PC Windows version)

https://www.hikvision.com/ueditor/net/upload/2017-10-17/f8469289-6649-4ddb-b701-7fc46cde0d81.pdf

Alternatively, if you click on the Help in ivms4200 software there is also an user manual.

Nelly's Security made a nice video of how to add your device to the software as well:
Tip: When you first set it up, it will ask you to make a super user for the ivms4200 software, don't forget the password and username for this or else you have to either :
A. uninstall and reinstall the software to remake a new super user account.
B. Hope Hikvision helps you reset the password.

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score

toastie

Getting comfortable
Reaction score
I've used this youtube tutorial on iVMS. Dave of DVS Cardiff talks you through the software. No silent youtube video with just music playing. Sadly DVS seem just to be wholesalers or suppliers to the Trade, not to members of the public.

Rob Bond

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I've used this youtube tutorial on iVMS. Dave of DVS Cardiff talks you through the software. No silent youtube video with just music playing. Sadly DVS seem just to be wholesalers or suppliers to the Trade, not to members of the public.
Thanks, that is a good one.