iVMS-4200 Storage Server Question

lserver30

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I've got a couple quick questions about Hikvision's iVMS-4200 Storage Server. I'm currently using 2 different laptops, one running the iVMS-4200 Client and the other just the iVMS-4200 Storage Server. The client computer travels with me while the Storage Server computer is always on/in the same network as my cameras. I have them, (3 - Hikvision 2032's), set to record on motion and they have been working well. Now however is when my questions arise; as even though it seems to be working locally at least, I want to make sure I'm not missing anything and also get remote live view & playback working through a DDNS.

1) Which ports, (if any), do I need to forward to the PC running the iVMS-4200 Storage Server (local IP of 192.168.1.100)?

2) This one relates to a DDNS question; (I currently have DDNS setup in my Netgear router). I know if I forward port 8000, (which is currently the iVMS-4200 Storage Server port), to the storage server computer 192.168.1.100 I can get remote playback but not live view; and if I forward port 8000 to just one camera, let's say 192.168.1.70, then I get live view but no playback. So my question is which ports need to go to whom in order for DDNS to work for both live view and remote playback?

3) Where should I set up the DDNS? The iVMS-4200 Storage Server remote configuration page, in the cameras, or is in my router just fine?

I have a hunch I need to change the port for the iVMS-4200 Storage Server to something other than 8000, but am not quite sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Iserver30,

what version of 4200 SS/ client are u using?

I gave up on 4200 SS/client 2.03.x because I couldn't get live view to work locally on LAN, much less playback. I was able to get live view / playback locally within LAN using 4200 PCNVR, ver. 1.0.x and 1.3.x so I am continuing with that, figuring that it offers the best hope of getting remote offsite viewing/ playback.

One of the problems I believe confuses newbies like myself is there ivms4200 has two MAJOR versions, (1) the older 4200 PCNVR and the (2) newer 4200 Storage Server/client/Streaming Server and there are even different versions of those two!