iVMS-4200 V2.7.0.6 is here

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Hopefully they have it working with the winpcap correctly this time

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It's a lottery if it will work I find, but I will probably give it a go.

For clarity, is there a dependency on Winpcap? Is it best to install this separately first?

Edit: where is this available please? I cannot see this version on the European portal.

gringo

n3wb
Reaction score
Here it is: iVMS-4200 v2.7.0.6

V2.7.0.6 Key Updates:

1. Added Face Picture Comparison module to view the captured face pictures and the matched face picture in face picture library.

2. Added Target Capture Alarm module to view the captured target pictures, such as face, human body, vehicle, etc.

3. Added statistics modules: Face Retrieval, Human Body Retrieval, Vehicle Retrieval to search and analyze the face, human body, and vehicles information.

4. Added 5, 5*5, 6*6 windows division of 69 series Decoder.

5. Added resource overview in help-Resource overview.

6. Support device online upgrading for maintenance.

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Hopefully they have it working with the winpcap correctly this time
For me, no they haven't. I have tried to get v2.7.0.6 to work and cannot, I get no image (as per my other thread). Only v2.5.0.5 works for me. The difference relates to the NPF service, but despite having tried a variety of things (including trying WinPCap and Win10pCap) I had no luck, so I have reverted to v2.5.0.5.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
same here that is where i stopped on my laptop
its painful updating it and everything works except no image then trying to figure why, i gave up on it.
i got blue iris on a different machine and that is an excellent vms for $ 90 aud and i can get some dahua cameras now
and try there starlight ones after Christmas

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
For me, no they haven't. I have tried to get v2.7.0.6 to work and cannot, I get no image (as per my other thread). Only v2.5.0.5 works for me. The difference relates to the NPF service, but despite having tried a variety of things (including trying WinPCap and Win10pCap) I had no luck, so I have reverted to v2.5.0.5.
I got it to work once it’s worked out it seems
simple but why did they do that
Down load the soft ware
Once downloaded right click cut and paste to your desk top then run as administrator
Turn off fire wall temporarily too
Once done it will restart
Open the program and all your devices will be there then when you click on the camera there’s no picture as usual.
Deleted all your devices then add the nvr ones first
Go to group then import you will see the little pictures of the cameras
Click on modify then you will see the stream key this is the verification code that is on the bottom of your nvr usually in capital letters and six letters long
Enter this key then hit copy to and click all channels and it all works if you have more than on nvr enter that code for that nvr seperately
Hope it works

Attachments

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I got it to work once it’s worked out it seems
simple but why did they do that
Down load the soft ware
Once downloaded right click cut and paste to your desk top then run as administrator
Turn off fire wall temporarily too
Once done it will restart
Open the program and all your devices will be there then when you click on the camera there’s no picture as usual.
Deleted all your devices then add the nvr ones first
Go to group then import you will see the little pictures of the cameras
Click on modify then you will see the stream key this is the verification code that is on the bottom of your nvr usually in capital letters and six letters long
Enter this key then hit copy to and click all channels and it all works if you have more than on nvr enter that code for that nvr seperately
Hope it works
On the back of this I made a little bit of an interesting discovery, but no real progress.

I upgraded again to v2.7.0.6.
Rebooted computer.
Launched iVMS.
Removed my camera group, then all cameras.
Added my cameras from the online devices.
Added my cameras to a group. At this stage, still no live view (but a current still in the camera config).
Closed iVMS.
Launch iVMS and live view is working.

However, reboot the computer and launch iVMS and no live view again!

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
On the back of this I made a little bit of an interesting discovery, but no real progress.

I upgraded again to v2.7.0.6.
Rebooted computer.
Launched iVMS.
Removed my camera group, then all cameras.
Added my cameras from the online devices.
Added my cameras to a group. At this stage, still no live view (but a current still in the camera config).
Closed iVMS.
Launch iVMS and live view is working.

However, reboot the computer and launch iVMS and no live view again!
Same here guess it’s back to the old one for me I ran it under the compatibility mode for windows 8 test the program for display adapter and it would then work but as soon as you log out it stops
Well those service ports and management ports I didn’t like lol

gnikoli

n3wb
Reaction score
Yesterday, I thought I finally had iVMS-4200 working the way it should after updating camera and NVR firmware. I have three Hikvision cameras (two DS-2CD2342WD, one DS-2CD2542FWD) connect to Hikvision NVR (DS-7608NI-E2/8P), and I could view all three yesterday after firmware update. This morning, I can only view two cameras in iVMS-4200, not all three (Cam1 & 3 good, Cam2 no image). I tried one PC with v2.5.1.7 and another with newly installed v2.7.0.6, no difference. Connect remotely to NVR by entering IP in browser, and also can't see Cam2 (I could using this method yesterday). Monitor connected directly to NVR displays all three cameras correctly, as does iVMS-4500 mobile app. When I switch to 9-screen in iVMS-4200, all three cameras display correctly. When I look at configuration, whether remotely or NVR GUI, all three cameras show up as connected and running fine.

Nothing changed since yesterday, client just dropped one camera for no apparent reason. Uninstalled/reinstalled client app, rebooted system, disconnected and re-added cameras. No change.

Is iVMS-4200 just that buggy, or is there a fix for the issue I have described?

Edit: Just changed image video quality from "Higher" to "Medium" and that seems to have solved the problem. Seems kind of weird to me that would make a difference, especially on 1-Screen, but it did. Anyone know what the limiting factor is in causing that behavior?

Last edited: