iVMS 4200, what comp specs would i need?

wozzzzza

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
can I just pick up a cheap PC to run iVMS 4200 on to record 12 cameras at 3MP and have live view on screen?? or do I need some beefier computer to do this?

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
can I just pick up a cheap PC to run iVMS 4200 on to record 12 cameras at 3MP and have live view on screen??
Nope... it will melt

Very beefier will be required, or a mid range pc may cope with all the cams throttled back to maybe 720p (or less) and low frame rates.

IMHO .. a Hikvision nvr 16 channel + hard drives, viewed and controlled via a monitor is the answer, (or reduce the requirements)

P.S.. vga / hdmi can be sent via extension or cat cables if the nvr has to be located in a different part of the building from the viewing area, and mouse control over distance isn't rocket science :D

Last edited by a moderator:

wozzzzza

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
ok thanks, planning on 32ch NVR if PC wont do the job.

DaveP

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
P.P.S...

For cost / space saving, a simple switch unit can errrrrr 'switch' (maybe toggle is a better word) your pc monitor to view the nvr, which saves having an additional monitor

wozzzzza

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
na I want to have a monitor with live view on it so I can see whats going on around the place. so need separate monitor, I have a 19" currently.

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
As an eBay Associate IPCamTalk earns from qualifying purchases.