iVMS-4200 Windows 10 - hangs

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
H,

I am starting to despair trying to get iVMS-4200 installed (and working) on my Windows 10 64-bit machine.

I had v2.4.0.6 working, but then when trying to add a new camera which requires going to the Server tab or device management it just freezes. I had this before and uninstalled and reinstalled numerous times and got it working. In the same position again but stumped this time.

Suggestions welcome. I'd also like to know what version of iVMS you are running on Windows 10.

thanks in advance

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Im new to this but i wound up deleting that software and use the hikvision pcnvr only, no issues win 10

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I'm using iVMS-4200 with 10 Pro
Will get you the version once I'm home

Also isn't iVMS-4200 = Hikvision PCNVR ??
If they are different things, where do I download the PCNVR ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interpon

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I'm using iVMS-4200 with 10 Pro
Will get you the version once I'm home

Also isn't iVMS-4200 = Hikvision PCNVR ??
If they are different things, where do I download the PCNVR ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pretty sure there are 2 versions to download..4500 i couldnt get to work.

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There are tow versions iVMS-4200 and the PCNVR.

Are there any clues as to the issue in the Windows Event Log?
No, well there are entries but I think they relate to closing of the app after I have initiated a shutdown due to the app being hung. Task manager will not successfully terminate the process either once it is in that state.

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
This is the iVMS-4200 ver I am using on Win 10 x 64

Can download from here:http://overseas.hikvision.com/en/Tools_84.html
Pretty sure v2.4.0.6 was in Beta when I downloaded v2.3.1.3. Have you tried with v2.3.1.3 ?

There are tow versions iVMS-4200 and the PCNVR.
Anyone know what is the difference between the two ?
Finally found it for download on Hikvision Europe website

http://www.hikvisioneurope.com/portal/index.php?dir=Software/01 Video Management Software/

Pretty sure there are 2 versions to download..4500 i couldnt get to work.
4500 is the app version.
PC version is 4200

geek7899

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I mostly use the web GUI interface for NVR/cams rather than iVMS-4200 because the video doesnt display properly in iVMS. See screenshot - the image is not fully filling up the frame, if you understand what I mean.

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
So I have iVMS-4200 installed and my cams configured again. Although back to the same issue of the app hanging if I know need the server tab under manage devices. But at least I am operational.

Quite what did the trick I am not sure, something amongst uninstalling 2.4.0.6, removing ivms... folder under program files, removing ivms... key under HKCU\Software and rebooting. Then install ivms 2.0.2, then remove as per 2.4.0.6, reboot then re-install 2.4.0.6. When first launch ivms, go to main view then settings, change a setting and save. Could be one or a number of things there that helped.

I did try 2.3.13 and same issue (likewise 2.0.2). Although I did have 2.0.2 working on W10 originally!

I daren't touch my install now, but for future ref can I do the following with the pcnvr app please:

Live view
Remote config cams
Save video and stills recorded by cams
Invoke instant record/snapshot

That's what I use ivms-4200 for.

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
ivms-4200 v2.4.0.7 has been released. No improvement for me regards this thread though.

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Solved!

A reference in another thread made me think it likely the discovery features of iVMS-4200 are dependant on WinPcap. I did not have WinPcap installed, but had a WinPcap packet.dll file in my C:\Windows\SysWOW64, a remnant from a prior install at some time. This I think was causing WinPcap to not install with iVMS-4200 or Hikvision Tools.

I removed the packet.dll file and manually installed WinPCap 4.1.3 and now both iVMS-4200 and Hikvision Tools work properly (the latter wouldn't launch at all before).

GSB1

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
There was more to this.

So the Hikvision apps were only working after a fresh install of WinPcap. After a reboot, back to the old problem.

The solution has been to reconfigure the WinPcap service via the registry:

Change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\NPF\Start to 3 (from 2).

johngalt

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I had it running solid on 7 for awhile. Finally upgraded to 10 and it crashes, can't get it to start up on boot up, screens white out...

abdulsalam

n3wb
Reaction score
Hi,

When i connected ezviz p2p cloud using ivms 4200. Some of the cctv camera is working properly but others didn't display too and also hang sometimes when i double click the vedio which is working,,, There is any option to autosyncronization between ezviz clooud and ivms4200? now i want to login ezviz cloud everytime when i getin to ivms 4200.
I'm waiting for your reply.

Thanking you

Alex869

n3wb
Reaction score
I found what the problem with this is. If you have Hyper-V setup for a server and have vm setup and network adapter as Hyper-V iVMS wont work you need to remove all the hyper-v network adapters and make sure your using your network adapter. And any VMS you have setup on your windows 10. That fixed it for me.

ctcam

n3wb
Reaction score
The previous post solved my problem, and I only needed to disable (not delete) the network adapaters.