IVMS-4500 and passwords auto change?

chrisvdv

n3wb
Reaction score
I have this strange behaviour with IVMS4500 on different smartphones and tablets. I installed 6 cams at this customer, I've forwarded all the right ports. Everything OK so far but after a while some cams are disconnecting. Sometimes only one and sometimes more than one and not always the same cams. It's always the password that's changed. When I correct the password, everything is ok again (for a while). The password is for all the cams the same and exists of 8 characters (2 letters and 6 numbers). I've not tried a different password yet. Anyone with this same problem?

bp2008

Staff member
Reaction score
Are the cams individually accessible from the internet? Is it possible your customer leaked his own IP address and camera password and some twit is changing his passwords for giggles?

chrisvdv

n3wb
Reaction score
Yes the cams are individually accessible from the internet and via Hik-Online. I don't think sombebody else is changing the passwords. The customer can be trust, he did not reveal his password. The customer is using an ADSL modem-router from the internet provider, maybe the problem lies there?

Last edited by a moderator: