IVMS-4500 connection failed

tyaldo

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello,
I used to be able to view my cameras when I was away or near the location but just recently it keeps showing connection failed on the IVMS-4500 app when I am away from the location. But it still works fine when I am at the location. Is there anything you think i can do to my settings to get it back to how it was before?

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
Log out of the hikconnect account
Then log back in
If you had the old hikvision account you will need to register a new account with Hik-Connect you can still use your email and password

tyaldo

n3wb
Reaction score
I never had a hikconnect account I always viewed them without being logged in. But I just created one and it still didn’t work.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
I never had a hikconnect account I always viewed them without being logged in. But I just created one and it still didn’t work.
Ok you have to add your device to the Hik-Connect account now

tyaldo

n3wb
Reaction score
Can you post instructions on how to do that? I’m not really familiar with the device. Thanks a lot I appreciate it!

Frankenscript

Known around here
Reaction score
Could it be that when you originally set it up, you had a particular public IP address that you set up the app to use via port forwarding at the router, and along the way your ISP changed your public IP, necessitating changes in the app? I used to use that app but now use Blue Iris, so I can't go in and see exactly what setting / where to change it if this is the case, but maybe this idea is helpful to you in troubleshooting.
This scenario would be consistent with the fact that when you are on your LAN, you can connect (since the connection is direct), but when you are outside your LAN, there's no connection, ostensibly due to the app sending requests to the now outdated IP address.

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
log into your nvr web page and under platform access is hik-connect shown online or off line