iVMS-4500 iPhone - How to get VCA (Line Crossing/Intrusion Detection) Push Alerts

Magnus357

n3wb
Reaction score
I have my DS-7608NI-E2/8P NVR setup to connect to iVMS-4500 on iPhone.

I have motion push notifications working perfect and can get all the VCA, line crossing/intrusion detection, email alerts working perfectly.

What I can't get working is push notifications for the VCA events. I'm thinking that the iVMS-4500 is willfully ignoring the VCA alarms. I have "Notify Surveillance Center" on the NVR checked under the VCA linkage method, similar to the motion alerts, but no dice.

Anyone got this working?

corkangel76

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Whenever I have a line crossing alert, I just have the camera send me an email with a photo attached to my cell phones MMS email address, ie: 15554443333@mms.att.net and it works great, not having to run an app on my phone that sucks bandwith and battery is also a huge plus for me.

Altivec

n3wb
Reaction score
I'm wondering the same. When I try to have the alerts send emails to myself, I get an error message too large to send. Looks to be an AT&T limit on MMS sizes. I haven't seen any way to reduce the image sizes. So iVMS would be a great alternative, unless someone knows how to turn down the image quality.