Ivms acces problem

arber1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello my friends .
Sometimes i can not acces my dvr in remote , but with local ip address inside the network it works .
This problem lasts for some minutes and then it becomes ok but some times it lasts hours .
I test the dvr for connection with internet and all conections are fine .
And furthermore my other dvr in network works perfect only that one has problems .
Thanks in advance !

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Hello my friends .
Sometimes i can not acces my dvr in remote , but with local ip address inside the network it works .
This problem lasts for some minutes and then it becomes ok but some times it lasts hours .
I test the dvr for connection with internet and all conections are fine .
And furthermore my other dvr in network works perfect only that one has problems .
Thanks in advance !
The DVR that's not accessible remotely:
1) Are you attempting to access using a DDNS hostname or do you have static WAN IP?
2) Or did you set up by scanning a QR code using your smartphone or entering a UID number in an app?

P.S. - Welcome to IPCT! :wave:

arber1

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello TonyR ,, thanks for your answer !
I have a static Ip address ,,
first i scanned it and then i changed the ip with the public ip to acces in remote .....
But the same i did with other 3 dvr s ,,, and only that one has problem .

TonyR

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
If you scanned a QR code, you're using a cloud-based P2P (Peer to Peer) server; if the one that does not work is a different DVR brand then perhaps t's also a different server, one that disallows the change you made.

BTW, I see you posted this question also under "DVR's, NVR's and Computers". I've come to understand it is frowned upon to post the same question in more than one forum. Perhaps that would have been a better spot for it but I noticed AFTER I answered your post.

arber1

n3wb
Reaction score
No my friend it is the same DVR brand and if i change the ip to local ip address it works ,,, and with public ip doesent work ,,, dont understand that why happens while others with the same settings made works .
AH ok next time i will post more appropriate .
Thanks a lot !!