iVMS full screen issue

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
I have an unusal (to me anyways) problem, and that is when i'm running iVMS i can see the cameras in 2*2 mode, but if I go full screen mode on camera 1, I get a failure 8200.
I can view them both in quad view, and i can view the second camera in full screen (only have 2 currently installed) but if I slide to the left from full view mode to view cam 1 it fails to connect.

It used to work without interference, and now i can't view it. I've played with the resolutions, frame rates, restarted router, restarted NVR, even looked at router settings for ports, but to no avail.
I can view both cameras in full view locally on the web, but not the cam 1 on the iVMS iphone app.

iVMS-4500 on iOS 9.x '6S'.
DS-7608NI-E2/8P/A
DS-2CD2042WD-I
DS-2CD2142FWD-I

Tis very puzzling.

Snowman

n3wb
Reaction score
Ok, that's interesting. I've just been emailed from support from iVMS, and they've said:
The error code 8200 means the live view starts successfully but the player can't decode the video beyond a period of time(normally 30 seconds). This may be caused by poor network connection or phone CPU capability not enough.
Please try lowering resolution, bitrate, or changing to fluent mode (sub stream). Or try changing the network connection.

My network is guaranteed 150mbps, and tested as 157mbps, and the iPhone 6S has no problems playing the live stream from higher bitrate and resolution from the other camera. The only differerence i can think off is that one is a dome and the other is a bullet, which in my head shouldn't make a difference as they're both 4mp.
To throw another spanner into the preverbial works, i can't view main stream of cam 1 on the web interface but i can view cam2. If i use the substream then i can view both cameras, even in full screen mode.

There is something about this camera, it ain't half making my brain box hurt.

cruunnerr

n3wb
Reaction score
as you can see here: https://www.ipcamtalk.com/showthread.php/10329-ivms-4500-Error-Code-8200-DS7608NI-E2-with-DS-2CD3145F-I

i have the same issue. Thought i got it in the end, but i have to say that the issue comes around :( I didnt found a soloution yet, but i cant believe that it has to be a bad wifi coonnection or bad hardware. I am using a ipad air 2 and a iphone 5s with 5Ghz wifi connection. so it cannot be the problem.
Well, when i try to change setting like resolution, bitrate or something else it maybe works for a little while, but after 10 sec. or 10 min. it will not work anymore. So i cannot really help you, but when u got it it would be nice if you post it here :D

Trax95008

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
based on everything you have said, im convinced the issue is with the camera its self. specifically, the main view. try doing a hard reset on the camera. make as few changes as necessary, just to get it up and running for testing. (probably network settings) i have a feeling that some setting was changed to cause this. probably by mistake. i think a fresh restart is your best bet

marku2

Known around here
Reaction score
The amazing decoder exe stopped working sign well for me it was when i would hit the 16 screen button it would crash single view was fine 4 screen fine, this is laptop based, and now am looking at blue iris to use at the lap top, my ipad and phone works great hopefully hikvision work it out one day its not my hardware or cameras