IVMS software "Run Error"

ecotemp

n3wb
Reaction score
Hello, I'm having a problem with IVMS software.

I have it installed on 5 Pc at work. In 3 of them it works properly (so I'm pretty sure that it's not a configuration issue), but in 2 of them when I try to run it, it returns a fatal "Run Error" and a message that says decodeProcess.exe stopped working.

I have tried many releases, including the latest 2.5.1.7 with no success.

I think it's software/driver conflict or something, but I don't know what to look for.
I run it on Windows 10 64bit.

Any ideas?

Untitled.jpg

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
I’ve seen such messages before but haven’t figured out what’s the cause. Please pay attention of the video card type and drivers. Probably you have administrator rights, right? Is all the PCs joined in a domain?

ecotemp

n3wb
Reaction score
Yeap, all PCs are in the same domain, and I tried run as admin ofc. I also tried older gpu drivers too, nothing happened..

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Right click on C:\Program Files\iVMS-4200 Station folder, go to "Security" settings, add "Everyone" (or the current user) to have full rights and Apply. Then go "Advanced", select "Everyone" and check "Replace all child .. bla bla" and OK.
This way give the current user or "Everyone" full rights to create/delete/modify the files under "Ivms4200" folder.
I still don't know why the fu**ng Windows don't give full rights to the folder of the current user, when an application is installed with "Run as administrator".

ecotemp

n3wb
Reaction score
I did that too, although I have admin account. No progress.
I'm pretty sure it's some kind of software conflict. I created a VM at the same pc with windows 10, installed only ivms, and it worked there..

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Hm.. when exactly gives that error.. during the intitial startup or when you try to add device? Try to create a new Windows user with new profile, then reinstall the software.

ecotemp

n3wb
Reaction score
The error comes at startup, when it is on ~50% progress. I tried new user and it still pops error..

Eagle

n3wb
Reaction score
Same Issue.... Has anyone figured this out yet????

Reaction score
had an issue with PC in a domain environment.
this is what i did.
installed ivms in window using local account.
joined that PC to a domain.
domain user tried to open ivms and error occured.
i run ivms again but this time as an administrator (domain not local account)
it run perfectly.
the only downside is that domain admin account cannot be saved automatically.
you need to type the credentials if you need to run ivms.
in my case, the PC runs 24/7 so i dont need to type it everytime.

n3wb
Reaction score
I solved the problem with creating a thinapp (vmware) of the IVMS software.
You can download a trial of thinapp from the vmware website.
IVMS is now working smooth on every PC.

zsikler

n3wb
Reaction score
Has anybody figured this out? I have the same problem on 3 computers gets to 50% and then i get a run error with decodeprocess.exe stopped working

Dreamboat

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Have you tried to uninstall then clear install the latest version of iVMS4200? It might help sometimes.

tute123456

n3wb
Reaction score
Right click on C:\Program Files\iVMS-4200 Station folder, go to "Security" settings, add "Everyone" (or the current user) to have full rights and Apply. Then go "Advanced", select "Everyone" and check "Replace all child .. bla bla" and OK.
This way give the current user or "Everyone" full rights to create/delete/modify the files under "Ivms4200" folder.
I still don't know why the fu**ng Windows don't give full rights to the folder of the current user, when an application is installed with "Run as administrator".
thx!!!!!!!

sdyfgasd

n3wb
Reaction score
Had the same issue. Installed as Domain Admin. Still errors on launch as admin. Win 7 pro x64.
What worked for me:
Run uninstall, say 'yes.' At the end it will ask, if you want all components removed - say 'no.' Go to Program Files and add full access to everyone to IVMS folder (still there because you didn't remove the components), remove inheritance, apply to all subfolders and files. Run the installer again as admin (now it will only have 2 errors during install, instead of 5). Run as admin. Works.

Robbbb

n3wb
Reaction score
Found this thread while trying to troubleshoot an installation. Ended up working out this method. Hope it helps others.

On domain network:

* Run installer as administrator.
* Ensure Software Restriction Policies not at play (installer runs a lot of .exes from /Appdata/local/temp)
* After installtion, first run needs to be as administrator
* Allow firewall access
* Exit app
* Browse to the installation directory and give Domain Users all access except "full control" (or limit to current user, or other AD group as you see fit for the environment).

Put shortcut on Public Desktop or user desktop as desired.

Any solution that involves giving your end users an admin account is not secure.

CarpeDiem4

n3wb
Reaction score
its worked for me !! thanks !! GRACIAS

Exalium

n3wb
Reaction score
Permissions on iVMS 4200 folder didnt worked for me, i allready had permissions allowed to all users. What i did was to run in COMPATIBILITY MODE with windows 7. It is running smooth and with no problem, even with version V2.8.1.4_ML.iVMS4200-working.JPG

Last edited: