ivms4200 remote viewing: keep getting "live view failed"

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. Running ivms4200, v.2.3.0.4, Storage Server and Client with two HK cameras on Win 8.1 PC. Can live view, record and playback without issue.

2. On my router, have forwarded ports 80 and 8000 on the storage server.

3. On either the host PC or other PCs (Win 7, 32 & 64 bit) on network, I call up the static IP assigned to the storage server and get ivms 4200 logon screen.

4. When I click on "Live View" for any of the two cameras shown, I get the dreaded "live view failed". Tried this several times from other Win 7 devices on same network on Firefox, IE , chrome browsers with same results.

5. Researching the forums, "live view failed" seems like a common problem. I've tried cleaning out the plug-ins -- new system so very few: did not solve problem

6. Another user mentioned antivirus program interference. Could this be blocking? In browser, I;ve tried increasing compatibility, enabling activeX.

Appreciate any ideas re how to further troubleshoot.

Thanks

I do note that other tabs such as Device Management, Account M..; do NOT have much definition or configuration setup (no devices show up in Device Mgt. tab) in the remote ivms4200 app. DEVice mgmt. has no entries.

Is there something else I should be doing to get this working?

harleyfart

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
1. Running ivms4200, v.2.3.0.4, Storage Server and Client with two HK cameras on Win 8.1 PC. Can live view, record and playback without issue.

3. On either the host PC or other PCs (Win 7, 32 & 64 bit) on network, I call up the static IP assigned to the storage server and get ivms 4200 logon screen.

4. When I click on "Live View" for any of the two cameras shown, I get the dreaded "live view failed". Tried this several times from other Win 7 devices on same network on Firefox, IE , chrome browsers with same results.

5. Researching the forums, "live view failed" seems like a common problem. I've tried cleaning out the plug-ins -- new system so very few: did not solve problem

6. Another user mentioned antivirus program interference. Could this be blocking? In browser, I;ve tried increasing compatibility, enabling activeX.

Thanks

I do note that other tabs such as Device Management, Account M..; do NOT have much definition or configuration setup (no devices show up in Device Mgt. tab) in the remote ivms4200 app. DEVice mgmt. has no entries.

I'm running Analog system but Device Mgmt Server tab has Encoding, Decoding, Storage, and Stream Media servers. Encoding device has 3 entries: One for Hikvision in China including IP address; an entry for my local network, and an entry for viewing home network when I am away from the house.
Group tab has entries of: all my cameras and alarm devices for both the local network and remote viewing configuration
Do you have entries like these?

I am not a guru. Just trying to help.

JMan

n3wb
Reaction score

Thanks

Did you try a different HTTP port on each device and open those ports on the router?

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Jman, yes, cams had HTTP 81 & 82 forwarded. I can see each cam on ivms4500 on my Android without any problem so I know cams are talking to outside world.

ttplayer4life

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Update: Hikvision tech support said that I would need to install ivms4200 client on each PC desired for remote viewing or playback on local LAN from the PC running 4200 Storage Server. Sort of a pain to do this so I never tested.

I had also tested 4200 PCNVR, ver. 1.3.x where I could easily see all cameras on server as well as playback on a local LAN PC without having to reconfigure everything. I decided to stay with 4200 PCNVR since both it and 4200 Storage Server are 32 bit.

With 15 1080p cams configured for motion detection on an 4690 i7 pc, 1 Gig GPU, 8 gig RAM, 2x3gb Toshiba 7200 rpm drives, 60 gb SSD to run win 8.1, getting 5 to 20% cpu use; 20% memory using 4200 PCNVR. I guess newer versions are not necessarily better if older versions work as expected. Can also live view from 16 screen layout with same PC and load mentioned previously. Don't need separate PC to drive TV display as I originally expected so I'm happy.