ivms4500 only able to login from home network

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I am using the app and I am unable to login from anywhere but my home network.

I dont have static IP otherwise this would have been a walk in the park

Would you please help me or tell me what I need to do regarding this so I can setup "vpn" or port fwd ecc

No idea how to do that.

Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Step #1, identify the make/model of your internet router.

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Step #1, identify the make/model of your internet router.
its optimum online router and when you login you gotta do it via their own website, so they control everything and they told me that in order for me to open port 80 I would have to upgrade my package which is stupid.
I am thinking about opening port 85 instead that I can do...

what do you think

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
its optimum online router and when you login you gotta do it via their own website, so they control everything and they told me that in order for me to open port 80 I would have to upgrade my package which is stupid.
I am thinking about opening port 85 instead that I can do...

what do you think
Not knowing what you are doing can be very dangerous...

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
what do you suggest fenderman? I cant open port 80 my isp will not allow it!!

please advise

oguruma

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do you want to do port forwarding? Or do you want to use VPN? Those are two very different things.....

If all you want to do is port forward:
1. Find your IP address. (google what's my IP address). Take note of it. Depending on how often you get a new IP from your ISP, you may need to use some kind of DNS service.
2. Log into your router.
3. Navigate to port forwarding.
4. Set port 8000 to whatever you have the camera IP set to.

When you configure iVMS 4500, the IP address will be your external IP address (reference step 1).

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
what do you suggest fenderman? I cant open port 80 my isp will not allow it!!

please advise
You don't need to or want to forward port 80...let's start by telling us what hikvision device you are trying to view remotely..

nayr

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
It looks like your ISP Provided router does not have VPN Server support, you will need to bring your own router w/VPN Server or run it on an always-on computer running on your network.

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
It looks like your ISP Provided router does not have VPN Server support, you will need to bring your own router w/VPN Server or run it on an always-on computer running on your network.
I spoke with my ISP they said it would be possible to do port fwd though I'll call again and check

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I have finished setting this up and everything is working nicely now except I can not access the damn cameras directly via the browser I need to remove or change the default hikvision passwords. I had to change the port to 85 bec my isp wouldnt let me open port 80 unless I upgraded my internet package.

Last edited by a moderator:

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
You are asking for real trouble if you are forwarding your http Port

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
You are asking for real trouble if you are forwarding your http Port
you should not reply if you know the answer and are not willing to help. After some research I was able to find that I needed to enable the virtual host on the NVR and I am good to go now! It would have been nice if you had replied with accurate answer especially a member like yourself with 12845 posts...

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
you should not reply if you know the answer and are not willing to help. After some research I was able to find that I needed to enable the virtual host on the NVR and I am good to go now! It would have been nice if you had replied with accurate answer especially a member like yourself with 12845 posts...
What an idiotic response. So not help for you. Virtual host has NOTHING to do with your issue, the fact that you think it solved your issue is evident that you have no clue. You now have direct access to your cameras but your network is open to vulnerabilities.
You also make no mention of even owning an NVR in your new question about remote accessing your cams..are we supposed to guess?
I REALLY hope that you are installing this for yourself and not a third party. Not only is are your cameras vulnerable but also the entire network including sensitive data. It is evident from your posts that you lack even a basic knowledge of networking, let alone network security.

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound like an ass I do apologize because I didn't explain myself clearly....

Nvr setup
I have access via lan
I have access via ddns through hikvision
I didn't have access to the cameras to change the passwords now i do and i have changed the default passwords
The nvr password is different than the cameras
I had no choice but to do port forwarding Bec I don't have static ip
I'm not an expert I'm just a do it yourself type of guy
I don't have network experience

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
I didn't mean to sound like an ass I do apologize because I didn't explain myself clearly....

Nvr setup
I have access via lan
I have access via ddns through hikvision
I didn't have access to the cameras to change the passwords now i do and i have changed the default passwords
The nvr password is different than the cameras
I had no choice but to do port forwarding Bec I don't have static ip
I'm not an expert I'm just a do it yourself type of guy
I don't have network experience
You dont need a static ip ever...stop with that...it has ZERO bearing on using a VPN or port forwarding.
You need to understand that when you port forward any device you introduce vulnerabilities...port forwarding the http port introduces even more..if this is installed on a network that has any sensitive information you need to be concerned.

Brooklyn718

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Do I have any other choice? But to port fwd? My isp wouldn't open 80 so my work around was to open 85

fenderman

Staff member
Reaction score
Do I have any other choice? But to port fwd? My isp wouldn't open 80 so my work around was to open 85
I dont understand why you keep talking about isp and port 80. I will say it again, it has NOTHING to do with port forwarding or vpn.
Setup a vpn. Or at the very least only forward port the rtsp and media port, not the http port..why do you need regular remote access to the nvr via pc?

pschmehl

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I think what he wants (correct me if I'm wrong) is access to the cameras' videos remotely (but what do I know?)