IVS/AI: How to get it to ignore an object?

Ri22o

Known around here
Reaction score
For my SD4A425DB-HNY PTZ there is a fire hydrant in its parked preset. It will sometimes register it as a human and very aggressively track it... Is there a way to set exceptions for the onboard AI?

1685629372414.png

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
You would be shocked how much the settings of brightness, contrast, gain, sharpness, gamma have in the ability to track.

I always knew that you shouldn't chase a bright picture - it looks nice and people migrate towards a brighter TV for example, but upon closer examination, most images need to be toned down in order to get all the details. You will be surprised how much changing a parameter like gamma could impact tracking. For example, if you have a pesky tree or something in the middle of the view during an autotrack, just by changing some image parameters you can get autotrack to pass it. Making the image a little darker at night actually helped with tracking someone across the street, which was opposite of what I thought you would think to do. So add some contrast to your image and see if it improves.

I have a yard lamp post that more times than not autotrack would get stuck on it as someone was walking and the autotrack would only go so far. Because my image has soo much contrast (bright white concrete a third, blacktop road a third, grass a third), knocking down the gamma made the lamp post not be so "trackable" lol, and along with that I turned of PFA and that gave it just enough time to retrack the person walking past the lamp post.

Or the mask, but I prefer to not do that unless nothing else works.