IVS and 5231-ze

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody using the built in IVS on these cams with BI? I’ve seen posts regarding the 5442 cams and BI but not a lot about using the IVS feature on these cams to trigger BI.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Not the same camera but I use IVS rules on a few of my Dahua cameras with BI. To make BI receive them you have to set up two things in the camera properties on BI.

Video Tab > Configure > check “Get ONVIF trigger events”

Trigger Tab > Sources: Camera’s digital input or motion alarm.

Then you shouldn’t receive the triggers in BI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Also, you’ll have to disable motion detection in the camera or it will trigger on all motion. Some cameras will re-enable it (my PTZ does this) so you go into the area in the camera GUI and clear all. Then if it’s enabled/checked it won’t matter because nothing in the cameras field of view is selected for motion detection.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Cheers I might out of curiosity have a play on one of my cams over the weekend. Still striving for to minimise false alerts so this might be something worth exploring.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Cheers I might out of curiosity have a play on one of my cams over the weekend. Still striving for to minimise false alerts so this might be something worth exploring.
It’s not foolproof but does cut down on triggers. Occasionally my PTZ thinks a shadow or trash can is a person. It will trigger for my dogs too.

I just recently set one of my T3241-ZAS cameras to use an intrusion zone but haven’t removed motion detection in BI yet. Still experimenting.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
I had a quick look at one of my cams today. I can see where I enable and configure IVS but I couldn’t where I set it to say raise an alert or is this automatically set when an IVS rule is created?

Tried Googling but all the videos I found were for setting it in a Dahua NVR.

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
I had a quick look at one of my cams today. I can see where I enable and configure IVS but I couldn’t where I set it to say raise an alert or is this automatically set when an IVS rule is created?

Tried Googling but all the videos I found were for setting it in a Dahua NVR.
It’s automatic. I believe blue Iris “subscribes” to the alerts from the camera.

Optimus Prime

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Do you know there is a way to indicate on the snapshot where the triggered occurred?

th182

BIT Beta Team
Reaction score
Do you know there is a way to indicate on the snapshot where the triggered occurred?
Not that I'm aware of. I believe it's just "External" or "ONVIF" Depending on whether it was the IVS or cameras motion detection.

For troubleshooting you can put an SD card in the camera and review triggered events through its web GUI, selecting the option to view rules. It will highlight what rule tripped.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Just set this up on 3 of garden cams, was surprised how easy it was to setup, do have BI motion also enabled for the time being but will monitor over the next few days and start disabling the BI motion detection once I've fine tuned things.

IAmATeaf

Known around here
Reaction score
Anybody have any recommendations for how to draw the IVSs, by that I mean boxes, lines, zig zags etc?

Screenshots of the cams below

IMG_7641.jpg
IMG_7644.jpg
IMG_7645.jpg