IVS dialing out cats/Squirrels

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
I have my intrusion and trips really nicely defined and working well. I have them set to cross and not appear. However I can't seem to dial out cats and Squirrels lol. I leave max target box alone but I reduce minimum target box to something a bit larger than they would be in a scene. No dice. For those of you using ivs, have you delt with this successfully and if so, please share. I'm super close to perfection except for this issue. Would love to be able to dial out wildlife as fully as possible.

bigredfish

Known around here
Reaction score
Maybe try making the min box really big to test and then dial it back in steps?

Dos your FW have the "global setup" tab under IVS? Some do some dont, Ive heard it can be useful but havent successfully set it up myself.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
When you view the live stream you can also view the iVS rules in real time. It will show you the rule box you drew, and it will also highlight anything it picks up in scene. If you watch that you'll notice that the box it draws around a cat is actually larger than the cat itself, and probably larger than you think. After watching a couple of those rules trip, you should start playing with your minimum size box making it larger, so that you filter out most of the cats, but still catch humans.

That will be the trick though, you probably want to err on the side of catching some cats and all humans, and not on the side of catching no cats but miss some humans.

catcamstar

Known around here
Reaction score
Agree with ^^ however, there is the obvious solution:

(whole video describes other tricks)

:cool:

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
When you view the live stream you can also view the iVS rules in real time.
Do you get a tracking box in the camera’s web interface too? I thought this only worked with a Dahua NVR. I knew I could see the IVS boundaries but not that it would show what the AI picks up.

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
@Shockwave199 you’re not mentioning what camera you have but if it’s one with the AI functionality it should be able to single out humans or vehicles. This only worked in later firmware releases for me so if you haven’t updated from the one supplied with the camera - upgrade.

You should also test calibration of IVS as described on DahuaWiki

Shockwave199

Known around here
Reaction score
Do you get a tracking box in the camera’s web interface too? I thought this only worked with a Dahua NVR. I knew I could see the IVS boundaries but not that it would show what the AI picks up.
You can see tracking boxes in real time in the nvr web interface. Not just the the zones but the green tracking box in real time as it's tracking. I prefer setting all this up on the pc because I can have the camera full screen on the second monitor when drawing it all. The cameras I have are in my signature. They do not support global or people, cars, etc. As I said, my intrusion zones and trip lines are working great. The one thing that seems lacking in information is max/min target boxes set up. I'll have to noodle. I can live with a cat making the rounds a couple times a night, but it'd be nice to dial it out too.

cd36

Pulling my weight
Reaction score
I can't remember about the web interface but you do on the nvr and on smart pss.