IVS issues

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
I set up motion detection, which works fine with blue iris, alerts me perfectly.

But as soon as i disabled motion detection & enabled IVS & set up an area, it refuses to detect absolutely anything, nothing in log, even with all the settings on highly sensitive.

any ideas?

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Dis you set up Smart Plan? That needs to be setup for IVS.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Dis you set up Smart Plan? That needs to be setup for IVS.
Yes, smart plan is set up.

Damn this Dahua software is rather buggy, can really be a black hole of time just to do one simple thing.

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
Okay i just realised alerts are not working at all on blue iris for this cam, even when i disable IVS & enable motion detection via cameras webpage, spending alot of time trying to figure out why

can anyone see an obvious setting which is wrong?

Attachments

Flintstone61

Known around here
Reaction score
Does he need to do anything with enabling ONVIF user/pass inside the cam for IVS along with his already ticked box of " Get ONVIF trigger Events"?

Last edited:

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
As @Flintstone61 says you have to enable ONVIF alerts in BI for the specific camera. I believe it’s in the camera settings, video, configure area of Blue Iris.

Ah, just saw your screen shots showing you did that. Hmm… What version of BI?

Last edited:

lsonee

Young grasshopper
Reaction score
As @Flintstone61 says you have to enable ONVIF alerts in BI for the specific camera. I believe it’s in the camera settings, video, configure area of Blue Iris.

Ah, just saw your screen shots showing you did that. Hmm… What version of BI?
version from 1 month ago.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Are you confirming that the camera is actually triggering the IVS rule by either watching the camera live with the IVS rules turned on or with an SD card and watching playback with the IVS rules turned on?

It seems obvious but sometimes we have to ask the obvious because we have had people come here with same issue and it was the camera was never triggering because they thought having the camera sitting next to them and waving hand in front of camera would trigger IVS (it doesn't lol)

tibimakai

Known around here
Reaction score
Wittaj, can't be the same issue as for me, with a recent update of BI? I reverted to an early one, 0.5 and now all cameras are recording in IVS.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
Wittaj, can't be the same issue as for me, with a recent update of BI? I reverted to an early one, 0.5 and now all cameras are recording in IVS.
Yes we have seen the newest 5.7.5 and newer is having issues with triggering on IVS.

If the OP is on a version a month ago (and if it hasn't auto updated) then it is likely another issue like the camera not actually triggering.

biggen

Known around here
Reaction score
What camera is this issue with? I just installed a 4K-T and I'm having issues getting it to trigger IVS as well. I can't tell if it's not sending IVS or if BI just isn't accepting it.

I have a 5442 sending IVS to BI just fine so I know BI is accepting IVS from that camera currently. Running the latest stable version of BI.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
This may be entirely unrelated. But, I’m not getting any IVS triggers to record. I can view a dozen on my camera SD card through the camera ip or dmss. Should I enable “record to network storage” in the cameras gui? I’d like both to record IVS. Again, I apologize if it’s not relevant.

Attachments

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
This may be entirely unrelated. But, I’m not getting any IVS triggers to record. I can view a dozen on my camera SD card through the camera ip or dmss. Should I enable “record to network storage” in the cameras gui? I’d like both to record IVS. Again, I apologize if it’s not relevant.
If you are talking about in BI, then look at the threads talking about recent versions and the ONVIF triggers not coming over and the hack you have to do - or rollback to the latest stable update.

Nothing in the record section in the camera GUI affects BI recording.

You should probably uncheck the general box as that is recording 24/7 on the SD card and will cause issues.

International784

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Done. Thank you. I will check out the hacks. I remember a Bruno hack or something similar. BI gives me an orange box around the image, camera zooms in and shows an external trigger ⚡ on the status page.

wittaj

IPCT Contributor
Reaction score
External trigger is an IVS trigger.