IVS notification support in Synology Surveillance Station!

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Last edited:

Soulmining

n3wb
Reaction score
Cool! Have you seen any documentation on how to use it in Synology? I looked and could not find any. Thanks :).

Jim_OS

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
You don't need a documentary for that. You can turn IVS on or off. That's all. ;)

SS_Dahua_IVS.png

NOAMattD

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DSCam also now supports going to the moment the event was triggered by tapping on the notification. Nice update. Time to say goodbye to the old python script in docker :lmao:

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
DSCam also now supports going to the moment the event was triggered by tapping on the notification. Nice update. Time to say goodbye to the old python script in docker :lmao:
Well, it ran for a year and I managed to learn some Python on the way, so the effort was worth something I suppose:p

The North Face

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Update and annoyance: Surveillance Station only supports the exact events described in the screenshot above. I started to like the Loitering event end of last year and I won’t get notifications for that in SS. Synology could just have done what the python script does: just capture the name of the IVS event triggered on the camera and report it back on SS.

Or perhaps there’s another Dahua profile in SS that supports the Loitering event? I searched the DAHUA profile file on the NAS but it looked like it only named the events as in the screenshot.

Guess that python script of mine will live for a little longer, after all.

Last edited: