"IVS Optional"

MediaBart

n3wb
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, so i searched first for the answer to my question. Could not find it:

What does "IVS Optional" (Dahua) exactly mean? (for example on the HDBW4431)
Does it mean that you can get it with an upgrade of the firmware? Or do you have to pay for it?

Maybe someone can help me..

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I'm new here, so i searched first for the answer to my question. Could not find it:

What does "IVS Optional" (Dahua) exactly mean? (for example on the HDBW4431)
Does it mean that you can get it with an upgrade of the firmware? Or do you have to pay for it?

Maybe someone can help me..
I found all it means is IVS is an available option in the camera firmware. You, as the user need to enable this option and set up rules for Tripwire, Intrusion, etc. Almost all the Dahua cameras include this now, as an option. The Intelligent series of cameras, refine this, at a higher cost.

MediaBart

n3wb
Reaction score
Allright Weigle,

So I bought a 4431. Where can I enable the functions? I posted a picture from the GUI..

SquareEyes

Getting the hang of it
Reaction score
Allright Weigle,

So I bought a 4431. Where can I enable the functions? I posted a picture from the GUI..
I had this issue yesterday. I received 3 of theIPC-HDW5231R-Z and all had slightly different software and one was "missing" the IVS feature in the events menu. Luckily I had 2 other cameras to compare to, otherwise I would have been screwed.

What was different was the Camera>Video>Video Tab>Main Stream>Smart Codec, was ON. I set it to OFF (like the 2 working cams) and that fixed it for me.

Hopefully it is similar on your model.

MediaBart

n3wb
Reaction score
I had this issue yesterday. I received 3 of theIPC-HDW5231R-Z and all had slightly different software and one was "missing" the IVS feature in the events menu. Luckily I had 2 other cameras to compare to, otherwise I would have been screwed.

What was different was the Camera>Video>Video Tab>Main Stream>Smart Codec, was ON. I set it to OFF (like the 2 working cams) and that fixed it for me.

Hopefully it is similar on your model.

First I tried many new firmwarefiles. None of the files worked. But this simple thing (smart codec off) actually did the trick. I now have IVS!

Thank you very much!!